Report on Live Budget -2018-19
Date: 1st February, 2018
Venue: Seminar Hall, Block A
Time: 11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
Organisers: Faculties of MBA
Budgets usually represents a detailed analysis of how a Country expects to spend the money in future time periods. Being the students of MBA it is must that they remain aware about the budget and what are the changes been made in Budget -2018. Considering the same Faculties of Management, headed by the Director of the Management held a seminar on Live Budget – 2018 for the students of MBA.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley presented his Budget 2018-19 in Parliament on 1st Feb 2018. The budget is largely focused on upliftment of agricultural sector, along with major push to healthcare and education sectors in the country. Some of the major Highlights of the Budget includes-
- PAN to be used as Unique Entity Number for non- individuals from April 1.
- Govt’s health scheme to cover 10 crore poor families is world’s largest government-funded health protection scheme.
- Electronic IT assessment will be rolled out across the country, leading to greater efficiency and transparency.
- Health and education cess has been increased to 4 per cent.
- Standard deduction of Rs 40,000 for salaried employees in lieu of transport and medical expenses.
- 5 lakh WiFi hotspots will be set up in rural areas to provide easy internet access.
- Airport capacity to be hiked to handle 1 billion trips every year.
- The government will undertake redevelopment of 600 major railway stations across the country.
- Target of 3 lakh crore for lending under PM Mudra Yojana.
- Government aims to bring 60 crore bank accounts under the Jan DhanYojana.
- Air pollution in Delhi-NCR has been a cause of concern, govt has proposed subsidised machinery for in-situ management of crop residue in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and NCT Delhi.
Like these there were so many points on which the light was thrown by our Finance Minister. This was a very good session for the students of MBA as they were explored to many areas and as future managers this type of exposure plays a vital role for the development of practical learning. Students enjoyed listening to the budget and even discussed some points regarding the budget with the faculties. It was a very interactive session.
The post Live Budget Report – 2018 – Mangalmay Group of Institutions appeared first on Mangalmay Group of Institutions | Leading education institutes in India.