Medical Assistants Recognition Week – October 16th – 20th, 2017
- Medical Assistants Recognition Week – October 16th – 20th, 2017
- Medical Assistants Recognition Day – October 18th, 2017
Medical Assistants all across America will be honored for their hard work and dedication during this week of recognition, originally designated by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
The Growing Role of a Medical Assistant
A Medical Assistant is an integral member of a healthcare team. The role of a Medical Assistant can vary depending on the size and specialty of their workplace. They are expected to support the work of physicians and other health professionals, performing both clinical and administrative duties including:
- Assisting doctors in physical exams and minor surgeries
- Taking patients’ vital signs, height and weight measurements
- Performing EKGs and phlebotomy procedures.
- Updating patient electronic health records (EHR)
As with many other jobs in the medical & dental fields, the job outlook for Medical Assistants continues to grow. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for Medical Assistants is expected to grow 23% between 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average job growth across other industries.
Interested in Becoming a Medical Assistant?
Classes are starting soon! Contact us today to learn more about becoming a Medical Assistant.
The post ACI Celebrates Medical Assistants Recognition Week appeared first on Advantage Career Institute - Medical & Dental School.