JEE Advanced Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2018: JEE (Advanced), IITs offer admission into UG programs leading to a Bachelor’s, Integrated Masters or Bachelor-Master Dual Degree in Engineering, Sciences and Architecture courses. Indian Institute of Technology is premium engineering institutes in India and recently government announced major funds for revamping the infrastructure.
Architecture course standardised by Council of Architecture and COA also look into admission for B.arch in colleges of architecture via NATA. Also, B.Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture) is 5 years course.
IIT Architecture Aptitude Test for B.Arch. Program: Important Points
- Bachelor of Architecture course is available at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee only. Aspirants desirous of taking the B.Arch. (Architecture) need to qualify in the JEE Advanced Architecture Aptitude Test. Furthermore, the AAT is open for candidates who qualified for JEE Advanced Examination.
- Aspirants for B.arch admission in IITs must register online at the JEE (Advanced) 2018 online portal for AAT.
- The venue of architecture aptitude test is at the seven zonal coordinating IITs only.
- And the architecture entrance test will consist of one paper of three hours duration.
- Also, the question paper for architecture aptitude test will be available in the English language only.
- No separate admit card/hall ticket will be issued by JEE Advanced. The original admit card of Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018 should be presented in the examination venue.
- Furthermore, the applicants are required to bring their own drawing and colouring instruments.
- Whereas cut-off marks will be decided by the Joint Implementation Committee.
- And results will be announced on the JEE (Advanced) 2018 online portal.
- And students securing cut-off marks will be declared qualified for Architecture course. However, there is no separate AAT category wise ranking or cut-off.
- Finally, the seat allotment is solely on the basis of category-wise All India Rank (Advanced).
Schedule for JEE Advanced Architecture Aptitude Test
|1.||Registration Starts||10-11 June 2018|
|2.||Architecture Aptitude Test||14 June 2018|
|3.||Declaration of Results||18 June 2018|
Brief Information Regarding Architecture Entrance Exam
Conducting body: IIT Kanpur
Name of Exam: Architecture Aptitude Test
Eligibility: Jee Advanced 2018
Official Website: www.jeeadv.ac.in
Colleges: IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee.
This would comprise of simple drawing depicting the total object in its right form
and proportion, surface texture, relative location and details of its component parts
in appropriate scale. Common domestic or day-to-day life usable objects like
furniture, equipment, etc., from memory.
Exercises in geometrical drawing containing lines, angles, triangles, quadrilaterals,
polygons, circles, etc. Study of plan (top view), elevation (front or side views) of
simple solid objects like prisms, cones, cylinders, cubes, splayed surface holders,
Understanding and appreciation of three-dimensional forms with building elements,
colour, volume and orientation. Visualization through structuring objects in
Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity:
Composition exercise with given elements. Context mapping. Creativity check
through innovative uncommon test with familiar objects. Sense of colour grouping
General interest and awareness of famous architectural creations – both national
and international, places and personalities (architects, designers, etc.) in the related
And the rest of the syllabus is same as Syllabus of JEE Advanced 2018.
The post JEE Advanced Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2018: IIT B.Arch appeared first on Engineering Exams: EntranceZone.
This post first appeared on How To Download JEE Main 2017 Admit Card/Hall Ticket, please read the originial post: here