June to July 2018. Candidates can get admission into IITs and ISM Dhanbad through the centralized counselling and seat allotment process. And, The counselling process of JEE Advanced 2018 includes registration, choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, Reporting to allotted colleges and provisional admission in the allotted college. Also, the JEE Advanced 2018 counselling and seat allotment will be conducted in 7 rounds. Hence, the interested candidates can read the article for complete details of JEE Advanced 2018 counselling and seat allotment.
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Dates
The dates for Joint Entrance Examination 2018 counselling are released by IIT Kanpur.
|Declaration of JEE Advanced All India Rank by JAB||10 June 2018 (Sunday) 10:00 IST.|
|Declaration of JEE (Main) 2018 (AIRs)||April 2018|
|Candidates fill their choices of academic programs in participating Institutes||June 2018|
|Seat allocation||June 2018 to July 2018|
|Seats filled/availability status display and Subsequent Rounds Counseling||Not Announced Yet|
|Academic session begins at IITs||4th week of July 2018|
|Applicants’ Physical reporting admitting Institutes (NITs); Schedule for IITs||4th week of July 2018|
|Academic session begins for preparatory courses at IITs||4th week of July 2018|
|Academic sessions at NITs starts||4th week of July 2018|
Eligibility Criteria To Attend JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling
The JEE Advanced Eligibility criteria for counselling is mention below.
- Firstly, the candidates who have secured the acceptable rank in JEE Advanced can attend the JEE Advanced 2018 counselling.
- Moreover, he/she should have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in XIIth or equivalent board exam. For SC/ST/PWD category candidates the aggregate marks required for admission is 65%.
- Finally, For admission in IITs, the applicants must be within top 20 percentile of successful candidates(category wise) in class 12th or equivalent exam.
What is the JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Process
The steps for JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Process is given below:
Step I- Online Registration for Counselling
Firstly, the candidates have to register online. And, enter the following details (as in JEE Advanced Admit Card 2018):
- JEE Advanced 2018 Roll Number. http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/
- JEE Advanced Registration Number
- DOB (Date of Birth)
- Password – (in 8 to 15 characters)
Further, Click on the ‘Confirm password’ button.
Note: The candidates must note down the User ID (Registration Number) and password for future use.
Step- II Online Choice Filling
First of all, candidates must log in using User ID, JEE Advanced 2018 Roll Number and Password. And, Fill the choice for branch and colleges as per their preferences.
Also, candidates can edit and reorder and add new choices till the final locking. Moreover, candidates must lock their choices before the last date, or else automatic choice locking will happen.
Counselling and Seat Allotment through JEE Advanced is done on the basis of students’ All India Ranks (AIRs).
Note: For admission to Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering and other relevant programs, the applicants must fulfil the required health and fitness parameters.
Step- III Online Seat Allotment and Reporting
After Online choice filling, JoSAA will allot seats to registered candidates. And, JEE Advanced 2018 counselling has a total of 6 rounds.
Further, the candidates can log in with the User ID (Registration Number), JEE Advanced 2018 Roll Number and Password to check their Seat Allotment. And, after each counselling round, applicants must check the seat allotment as it may change due to up gradation in previous rounds.
Also, the candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL category should get the soft copy of their category certificates verified. Moreover, If the certificate is found unacceptable then those candidates will be considered as General provided they have scored above the declared cutoff marks in Paper-1 of JEE Main 2018.
Further, To book the allotted seats, the candidates must pay the required fee online. And, to claim the allotted seat the applicant must report to the allotted institution along with the required documents.
What are the Documents Required For JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling & Verification
Finally, the candidates have to carry the original and attested copy of the following documents for verification purpose and provisional admission:
- JEE Advanced 2018 Seat Allotment letter
- Original copy of JEE Advanced 2018 Admit card
- Duly Filled JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form
- Medical Examination Report
- Class X/HSC/Birth Certificate/Any other certificate
- Class XII/SSC/Equivalent Exam Mark sheet and Certificate
- Category Certificate (OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/PWD/DS).
- For foreign candidates: Attested xerox copy of the page in the passport containing the name, photograph, and nationality.
Finally, Stay Tuned for Jee Advanced Counselling for admission to IITs.
The post JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling: Seat Allotment, Admission Process appeared first on Engineering Exams: EntranceZone.
This post first appeared on How To Download JEE Main 2017 Admit Card/Hall Ticket, please read the originial post: here