IISER 2018: Iiser 2018 Admissions will be based on an IISER 2018 entrance exam, KVPY exam (Kishor Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) & JEE Advanced exam to shortlist aspirants for admission into 5-year dual degree course known as BS-MS Programme. IISER (Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research) is one of the famous Institution of India which offers education in the field of science & research. The Candidates who wish to apply for the program must fill the Application Form before the last date. Candidates can see more regarding more information regarding How to Apply, Important Dates and various other important information by reading the page below.
In India, there are seven IISER Institutions which are located in:
How to get Admissions in IISER 2018
The Admission to IISER 2018 can be done through these 3 methods:
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY): Candidates will be offered admission on the basis of valid KVPY fellowship which is given in 11th/12th Standard by passing the KVPY Examination.
Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (JEE) channel: Aspirants with valid JEE Advanced 2018 scores with minimum Cutoff are eligible for direct admission to IISER.
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel: Candidates opting for this method will have to appear in an aptitude test, the details of which are given below in the Article.
IISER 2018 Important Dates
IISER has announced IISER 2018 Examination Dates:
- KVPY Method
|Start Date of Application Form||Fourth week of May 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||Second week of June 2018|
|Allotment of Seats||Third week of July 2018|
2. SCB Method
|Start Date of Application Form||Fourth week of May 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||Third week of June 2018|
|IISER Aptitude Entrance Examination||Fourth week of June 2018|
|Result Declaration||First week of July 2018|
|Allotment of seats||Second week of July 2018|
3. JEE Advanced Method
|Start Date of Application Form||Third week of June 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||Second week of July 2018|
|Allotment of seats||Third week of July 2018|
Qualification Criteria for IISER 2018
The candidates who are eligible for the IISER 2018 must have cleared the following criteria:
- Applicants should have completed the 10th/ Matriculation along with ITI Course from a recognized board/Institution with passing marks.
- Candidates should have completed or should be appearing in 2018 for the final examination of 10+2 from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE) or State Board or any other council, institution and passed with 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics and English.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- There is no upper or lower age limit for the Examination.
- The Eligibility Criteria for the different channels are:
KYPY Channel: Candidates need to have a valid KYPY fellowship which is commencing for 2018-19. Also, In addition, Aspirants will have to meet the cutoff criteria that will be applicable.
JEE Channel: Under this Category, General Category candidates who have scored an All Inda Rank (AIR) within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) in JEE Advanced 2018 can apply for IISER 2018. But in case of reserved category candidates, they need to be ranked inside the top 10000 in their respective categories.
SCB Channel: Aspirants seeking admission under this method must meet the minimum cutoff percentage as prescribed by IISER for their respective state boards. Also, Candidates will have to appear in the IISER 2018 Aptitude Test to be considered for admission for which candidates need to fill the Application Form and give the Entrance Test.
NOTE: PIO and OCI category Aspirants can also apply, but like their Indian counterparts they must also meet apply through any of the 3 available channels and should satisfy the applicable eligibility criteria.
IISER 2018 Exam Pattern
- Exam Duration: The Test Duration will be 3 Hours.
- Mode of Exam: Offline
- No. of Question: 110 questions
- Type of Question: MCQs.
- Negative Marking: 1 Mark will be deducted for Wrong Answered questions.
- Language: Question paper will be asked in English and Hindi language.
- Paper Pattern: The paper pattern will be as follows:
- Physics: 15 Questions of 3 Marks each
- Chemistry: 15 Questions of 3 Marks each
- Mathematics: 15 Questions of 3 Marks each
- Biology: 15 Questions of 3 Marks each
IISER 2018 Examination Centres
While filling Application Form, The Candidate will be asked to fill the Examination Centre. Candidate will be allowed to fill the choices from which He/She will get any centre according to the available seats. The Locations available for IISER 2018 are:
How to Apply for IISER 2018?
The steps to apply for IISER 2018 is:
- Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria.
- First of all, Candidates need to visit the official website at IISER.
- Candidates must select Notifications link on the official website.
- Applicants firstly need to register by clicking on Admissions Link on Homepage of the Website.
- Candidates can fill online application with all the necessary details required.
- Fill all the details like Name, Date of Birth and other Details in the correct manner as per the rules.
- Upload thumb impression, signature and photograph and other applicable documents online with the desired Quality, Size.
- Pay the fees online as described below.
- After the payment is completed, Review the Application Form and Submit it.
How to Pay Application Fees for IISER 2018
After the candidate has successfully filled the online application for IISER 2018, the Payment of Fee is only through Online Mode through Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking. After the payment is done, Candidates will receive confirmation through e-mail after which Student will need to print the Acknowledgment Slip from their E-mail id or Application Locker under Application Submitted area of the Website of IISER.
The Application Fees for IISER 2018 for the different category is:
|2.||SC/ST/Kashmiri Migrants||Rs. 750/-|
How to download Admit Card for IISER 2018
Admit Card is mandatory to appear for the IISER 2018. The Admit Card shall be available for download online on the official websites of IISER. The Admit Card is a necessary document which will be needed at the time of Entrance Examination. Admit card can be downloaded from the official website and can be printed further. Make sure, the details on Admit Card is correct and also the Photograph on Admit Card is clear, if not then contact the authorities as soon as possible.
The Admit Card can be downloaded using the following steps:
- Visit the official website and then click on the link to download admit card.
- Finally, Candidate shall be required to use the following information for downloading the admit card:
- Registration Number/Roll No/Email Id
- Password/Date of Birth in dd-mm-yy format
IISER 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for IISER 2018 released by Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research is:
|1.||Chemistry||Solutions, Chemical Kinetics & Surface Chemistry|
|2.||p, d & f block Elements and Environmental Chemistry|
|3.||Hydrogen & s – Block Element|
|4.||Atomic Structure, States of Matter & Thermodynamics|
|5.||Basic Concepts of Organic Chemistry|
|6.||Oxygen, Nitrogen, Polymers & Biomolecules|
|7.||Mathematics||Matrices, Vectors & Reasoning|
|9.||Limit, Integration & Differentiation|
|10.||Permutation-Combinations & Binomial Theorem|
|11.||Probability & Trigonometry|
|13.||Physics||Kinematics, Gravitation & Oscillations|
|16.||Electricity & Magnetism|
|17.||Atomic Structure & Optics|
|18.||Electrical & Electronics|
|19.||Biology||Diversity in the living world|
|20.||Structural organization in animals and plants|
|23.||Cell structure and function|
|25.||Genetics and evolution|
|26.||Biology and human welfare|
|27.||Biotechnology and its application|
|28.||Ecology and environment|
IISER 2018 Participating Institutes
The Institutes participating in IISER 2018 Admissions Procedure are:
Total Number of Seats
IISER 2018 Counselling
The IISER 2018 Counselling for admissions in IISER will be conducted for the Aspirants who will be shortlisted in their respective channels. The seat allotment will be based on factors like the number of seats available, rank of the candidate, and the choice filled. Counselling will be conducted separately for each of the three modes of admission. Candidates who are placed higher in the merit rank of IISER 2018 will have more preference during the counselling process of IISER 2018.
Documents Required at the time of Counselling Under IISER 2018?
The Candidates need to produce the following original documents along with the photocopy at the time of admission after the clearance of entrance examination:
- TC (Transfer Certificate).
- 10th/High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate.
- 12th(Intermediate (+2)) Certificate/equivalent Certificate.
- Migration Certificate
- Mark Sheet of 10th/High School Certificate/equivalent
- Mark sheets of 12th(Intermediate (+2)) Certificate/equivalent.
- Mark sheet of the Qualifying Examination.
IISER Contact Details and Official Links
Joint Admissions Committee 2017
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune
Dr Homi Bhabha Road, Pashan,
Pune – 411008, India
For More details, Candidates can visit the official website here.
Check the new & updated Admissions in different Universities here.
Stay tuned for more updates about IISER 2018.
The post IISER 2018 Admissions: How to Apply, Important Dates appeared first on Engineering Exams: EntranceZone.
This post first appeared on How To Download JEE Main 2017 Admit Card/Hall Ticket, please read the originial post: here