Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) is a private institute situated in Gandhinagar, Gujarat offering admissions in various courses of disciplines like Technical, Liberal arts, Management and Doctorate. PDPU 2017 admission process for these various courses by conducting entrance exam. However, for the admission in the B.Tech course, the score of Joint Entrance Exam Main is the only basis.
The Details Regarding PDPU B.Tech Admission – 2017 is available below.
PDPU 2017 Detailed Information
The relevant dates for the admission process of PDPU 2017 are summarised here:
|Start of online PDPU B.Tech application||2 May 2017|
|Last Date to submit application form||27 June 2017|
|Last Date to upload class XII marks||27 June 2017|
|Announcement of list of all applicants||30 June 2017|
|Provisional Merit List for PDPU B.Tech Admission||6 July 2017|
|Counselling (Online admissions)||8 July 2017|
|Dates for Sliding and status||July 2017|
|Counselling for vacant seats||14 July 2017|
|Last date to confirm admission||23 July 2017|
|Commencement of classes||24 July 2017|
To apply in any of the programs of PDPU, the candidate must fill in the application form on the official website.
First of all, before filling the application form, the candidate must register online.
And the application form requires the candidate to upload the required certificates and documents as specified in Information brochure.
Also, the candidate must upload their recent colour photograph.
The various details that need to be filled in the application form are:
- Personal details (name, father’s name, DOB, primary e-mail, nationality)
- Qualifying exam details
- Course preference
The admit card for PDPU 2017 will be required during the entrance exams of BBA, B.Com, BA, MA and PhD candidates can download their admit card from official website from the month of June 2017.
Therefore, To download their admit card, candidates need to log in through their registered IDs and go to the required page of ‘Download admit card’.
The eligibility criteria for admission in various courses of PDPU follows the different pattern which can be summarised as:
- Tech – the candidates who are aspiring for admission in B.Tech program of PDPU must have scored at least 85% marks in total with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their main subjects in 10+2 or equivalent level.
Also, the candidates must have appeared in the paper 1 of JEE Mains.
- BA/ B.Com/ BBA – the candidates who are aspiring to take admission in the school of liberal studies of PDPU must have cleared 10+2 examination in any discipline and from any board.
Finally, for admission in B.Com program, the candidates must have passed 10+2 exam in the subjects of commerce.
- M.Tech – the candidate must be having a minimum aggregate score of 60% or a CGPA/GPA of 6.5 in the qualifying degree and in the applied discipline.
Also, 50% of the seats are reserved for candidates applying through their GATE score.
- MA – candidate must be having a bachelor’s degree in any of the disciplines from any of the recognised college/ university in India.
- MBA – the candidate must be having a valid bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks.
- PhD – the candidate must be having a valid master’s degree in the area applied for PhD.
The syllabus for the entrance exam for admission in various courses in PDPU 2017 can be summarised as:
- BBA /B.Com/ BA – written aptitude test consisting of English language, Reading comprehension, quantitative techniques, Logical reasoning and General knowledge.
- Tech – a written aptitude test (WAT) will be conducted for admission in the M.Tech program of PDPU 2017.
- MA – the syllabus for the written test for admission in MA program will consist of general studies, English/ Political science – International relations/ Public administration and Public policy.
- PhD – fro admission in a PhD program, the candidate must give a research aptitude test (RAT) which will consist of the topics coming under the area of specialisation applied.
The examination pattern for various papers for admission in different courses can be summarised as:
- BBA/ B.Com/ BA – there will be a written aptitude test consisting of 100 multiple choice objective type questions. while each correct answer carrying half mark which must be attempted under 90 minutes.
And, This will be followed by essay writing of 25 marks completed in 30 minutes.
- Tech–those candidates who are not selected through their GATE scores need to give a written aptitude test.
Consisting of the topics such as Subject Specialization, General English, Logical reasoning and quantitative techniques.
- MA – A paper of 70 multiple choice objective type questions which must be answered in 60 minutes, Followed by a descriptive type essay question completed under 30 minutes.
- PhD – the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) will be a paper based upon multiple choice objective questions based on the subjects related to the discipline of course applied.
And, after the successful conducting of various entrance exam for courses like BBA, B.Com, BA, MA and Ph.D., candidates can expect their results in the month of July 2017.
Consequently, the results will be declared in the form of merit lists (first and second).
As a result, the candidates can either take admission or inform the institute in the case of cancellation so as to provide the chance to other candidates.
After the announcement of results, the selected candidates are required to submit the first instalment of their education fee which is different for various courses.
However, these different entrance exams follow different time schedules, but the final admissions will be completed by the last week of July 2017.
Most of all, Candidates are also required to bring in certain required documents when they arrive at the institute for final admission. Some of most noteworthy documents are:
- Mark sheets of 10+2 and bachelor’s degree (whichever required)
- Qualifying exam scores card
- Identity proof
- Experience certificate (if the candidate is having it)
- Caste certificate
“Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on PDPU 2017.”
The post PDPU 2017 – Admission Form, Exam Dates, Petroleum University appeared first on EntranceZone.
This post first appeared on How To Download JEE Main 2017 Admit Card/Hall Ticket, please read the originial post: here