Xavier Aptitude Test or XAT 2017 is an entrance exam organised by XLRI (Xavier Labor Relation Institute) and conducted by XAMI (Xavier Association of Management Institutes) every year to select candidates for admission to management institutes that accept the XAT score. The Xavier Aptitude Test score is accepted by some of the top- notch management institutes of India apart from XLRI.
It is usually considered a tough exam that requires dedication and hard work to perform well in the exam. XAT score is currently accepted by more than 150 management institutions to select the candidates most suitable to study management related courses (MBA and PGDM) at these institutes.
Xavier Aptitude Test is conducted at more than 35 centres in India and at two centres outside India (Dubai and Kathmandu). XAT 2017 is expected to be held on 8th January 2017.
XAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria enlisted by XAMI for taking the Xavier Aptitude Test are as follows:
- To appear in the XAT exam a candidate must be a citizen of India or of NRI origin or from a foreign country whose degree is recognised by the Government of India.
- A candidate must at least have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in India or an equivalent degree from an Institution abroad that is recognised and accepted as a valid institution by the HRD Ministry, Government of India.
- Candidates who are in their final year of the degree course and are expecting their results latest by June 2017 can also apply.
- Candidates who have a score lower than 50% in their bachelor’s degree exam are also eligible to write the exam. However, such candidates will have to submit their aggregate marks by June 2017
- The eligibility criteria for appearing in the XAT is uniformly applicable to all candidates belonging to different categories. There is no relaxation for the candidates on the basis of caste, religion or creed.
- It is compulsory for all Indian national candidates to take the XAT exam for admission to the institutes that take admission on the basis of XAT scores. However, foreign nationals and NRI candidates have the option of applying to these institutes on the basis of their GMAT scores.
XAT 2017 Important Dates
All the candidates interested in the Xavier Aptitude Test should note these important dates:
|XAT 2017 Exam||8 January 2017|
|XAT 2017 Application Form||17 August 2016|
|XAT 2017 Admit Card||20 December 2016|
|XAT 2017 Result||21 January 2017|
XAT 2017 Application Form
Here is a step by step guide to filling up the XAT 2017 application form:
- First of all, prospective candidates need to register on the official XAT website which is https://xatonline.net.in by creating a unique user ID and password.
- Candidates need to fill up the form with the correct details, such as their original name, nationality, parents name etc.
- In the next step, candidates will have to indicate their choice for the management institutions in which they would like to study.
- After that, the candidates need to select the name of the course which they want to study upon selection such as Global Business Management, Human Resource Management etc. Candidates who do not want to study at XLRI may choose to skip this step.
- Candidates will have to provide their mailing address for correspondence and other such basic details that may be asked in the application form.
- Candidates will have to fill up all the details about their education qualifications. Candidates will have to furnish all the details about their matriculation degree to all the degrees till their graduation degree which is the minimum qualification required to write this examination.
- Candidates must also fill in all the details of the work experience that they have, if any.
- For candidates who are interested in the Global Management Program must have at least 5 years of experience.
Center of Examination
- Candidates will be asked to choose the city in which they would like to write the XAT 2017 exam.
- In the last step, candidates will be required to submit digital copies of their signature and a passport size photograph. Both the signature and the photograph should be less than 1 MB in size.
Application Fees Payment
- After this, the candidates will be directed to the payment page. Here, candidates will be given three options to pay for their application.
- The three options are Online Payment Gateway that is payment through your debit or credit card. A point to note here is that American Express card transactions are not allowed. 2.) Payment in cash which can be done by taking out a print out of the XAT pay slip and the fee can then be paid at an IDBI Bank branch. 3.) Payment can also be made through a Demand Draft. For this, candidates will have to make a Demand Draft in favour of ‘XLRI Jamshedpur A/C XAT’ that should be payable at Jamshedpur.
- An important instruction for the candidates who decide to pay either through cash or demand draft is that they should not forget to update the information on the official XAT website once they have completed the payment procedure. In case a candidate fails to update this vital information, applications will be marked as incomplete and therefore, rejected. A copy of the fee payment confirmation is compulsory to be sent to the Chairperson Admission at XLRI in Jamshedpur. Payment confirmation slip has to be necessarily sent within 15 days of the form submission.
There is a slight difference in the fees that the candidates need to pay for the successful submission of their application forms. The candidates who are interested only in the Xavier Aptitude Test will have to pay fees of only 1500/- INR. However, those candidates interested in the XLRI management courses will have to pay an additional application fee of 250/- INR, making the final fee be paid 1750/- INR.
XAT 2017 Admit Card
XAT 2017 Admit card will be made available online for downloads. XAT 2017 admit cards are expected to be available on the official website XAT from December onwards. Bookmark this page for more information related to XAT 2017 Admit card.
XAT 2017 Paper Pattern
XAT 2017 will be conducted according to the new pattern. The Xavier Aptitude Test will consist of two parts, namely Part 1 and Part 2. In part 1 candidates will have to answer any 65 questions, they can leave a maximum of 13 questions unattempted.
If candidates exceed the maximum number of questions that are allowed to be left unattempted then marks will be deducted as a penalty i.e. 0.05 marks for every question that is left unanswered. For every question that is incorrectly answered 0.25 of the total marks that are awarded for every correct answer will be deducted.
Part 2 of the exam consists of questions based on General Knowledge and Essay. There is no negative marking scheme for this section. It is very important to perform well in this section as poor performance in this section will slim the chances of admission call from good institutes.
XAT 2017 Syllabus
XAT 2017 syllabus is as follows:
- Verbal and Logical Ability – RC, CR, Vocabulary, Sentence Rearrangement, Sentence Completion
- Decision Making- Probability, Algebra and Functions, Number System, Co-ordinate Geometry, Geometry, Arithmetic sequence and Mixtures etc.
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation- Trigonometry, Directions, Multiple Graph, Table Charts, Statistics, Profit, and Loss, Percentage and Interests etc.
XAT 2017 Results
XAT 2017 results is declared on the official XAT website by 21 January 2017. After the XAT 2017 results are declared, candidates will be individually contacted to inform them about the selection for the next round of admission process that is, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The colleges that may or may not shortlist the candidates for the next round are the same colleges that the candidates had indicated interest in, at the time of filling up the application form.
Candidates can bookmark this page for the latest information on XAT 2017 results.
XAT 2017 Selection Process
There are many reputed and prestigious MBA institutes that accept the XAT scores for accessing the candidate’s academic capacity and aptitude. However, a call for Group Discussion or Personal Interview does not guarantee admission to that Institute.
Candidates’ performance will be accessed in both of these rounds and based on that the decision of admitting the candidate to the particular Institute will be made.
Institutes such as Xavier Institute of Management and Research (Mumbai), S P Jain Institute of Management Research (Mumbai), Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (Bangalore), Loyola Institute of Business Administration are just some of the 150 management institutions that accept Xavier Aptitude Test scores for selection of the candidates to study management at their Institution.
The post XAT 2017 – Xavier Aptitude Test-Detailed Information appeared first on EntranceZone.
This post first appeared on How To Download JEE Main 2017 Admit Card/Hall Ticket, please read the originial post: here