300+ students are enrolled in our TED -Ed Club so far, and we are still expecting this number to go up. We have 5 schools working with us on this , New St.Thomas Academy , BML Munjal Green Medows , All Saints School (Tehri), New Tehri International School, Jawahar Navodyaya School, Haridwar.
Objective of Club: Many ideas are discussed amongst friends informally and many of them might actually help the society change the problem into solution.
It was observed that education in schools is only catering to rote learning with no clear emphasis on life skills. Think Studio partnered with decision makers across the board to gain consensus on having a TED-Ed Club in their schools.
Role of Interns: We got support from Engineering College THDC,Tehri regarding this project too and 4 interns from there are working with us to make this project successful. Team of Interns include Ayushi Parashar, Rama Dhiman, Khusbu,Kanak. These interns along with 1 intern from TISS (TATA Institute of Social Sciences ).
Some of the reviews we got from interns:
The most interesting thing about ted is that it covers a wide area and issues related to that area.For tehri we should work on expanding the social limits and thinking of people there are certain aspects like a single working mother is still not accepted and girl’s education is a huge prblm here so i guess we should work on that.
Member of awarness campaign-devina negi
2.I like Ted’s initiative of spreading ideas from different peoples from different places. This brings out new facts, inspiration, knowledge, skills that may be beneficial for someone somewhere
The people of tehri should also share their ideas in this
3.Qualities I like and people should know:-
- Their videos are beneficial to us we can improve ourselves,Get motivated,thier videos cam change the mindset of people
- We get to know people and their journey and struggle thought their life and we can learn from it
- People can learn if they do not understand in class or if they want to learn about this world other than their course.
We can talk about:-
- Their condition,living,lifestyle
- Their Culture,Religion
- And also Technology/Gadgets(That help them in improving their lifestyle) as nowadays people are interested in this topic.
- videos that can educate people and show them a path to give good education to thier children
4.The most significant thing about Ted is that it provides platform to every child to share her/his idea. It gives them the chance to shape their innovation and thus creating a better future of the country. People should know that through Ted their child is exposed to entirely new environment and people working in Ted are thinking innovative idea to spark the imagination present in the students. I think we should talk about the issues related to them, so that they can take interest in our idea like education of their children, lack of resources which we can provide to them and more importantly the proper atmosphere for their idea to shine.
5.TED club motivate students and empower them to share their views, ideas, opinions to the society. These clubs help in building confidence and also help in learning new creative things which are helpful. These clubs also develop thinking skills, communication skills. These are creating a sense of self motivation by spreading awareness and are influencing people’s belief and changing their behaviour and perspective by spreading awareness. Students learn broader strategies and policies, proper and planned resource management which is helpful in future.
Sara (CSE – 1st year).
- For me TED is a platform where voice and ideas get heard from every walk of life And you know every human being wants to be heard,recognized & so did I.As a result when the opportunity came to get associated with TED in any possible way,i simply could not let it go.