Do you know the most commonly used illegal drug Weed has a day dedicated to it? Well! April 20, is observed as the ‘ National Weed Day’ in California.
On this occasion, here are seven must-know facts about this unique plant:
– Cannabis and Hemp are all names that refer to the plant of Weed.
– The main active ingredient in Weed— the part that gives the “high” feeling — is called THC, which stands for delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol.
– The effects of Weed begin within a few minutes after inhalation and can last a few hours.
– Inhaling Weed can cause increased heart rate, dry mouth, bloodshot/glazed eyes and an increase in appetite.
– Possession of Weed is legal in Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Spain, Netherlands, North Korea, Uruguay and a number of states in the U.S.
– According to the 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 22.2 million Americans used marijuana in the past year.
– According to reports, the cultivation of Weed’s plant date back over 6000 years.
This post first appeared on Latest India News, Breaking News Live, Current Hea, please read the originial post: here