India’s longest Bridge in Assam , Guwahati will probably be inaugurated by this time in the following year as it reaches its final stages of construction. It is to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Minister Narendra Modi, as invite was presented to him this week by Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
Here a few highlights about the bridge that is in its final stage of completion:
1) The Bridge Dhola-Sadiya is a tributary of the Brahmaputra, is being built over the Lohit river.
2) The bridge is located in Sadia, Assam- 540 kilometres from the state capital of Guwahati.
3) The other end of the bridge is in Dhola which is 300 kilometres from Itanagar, the capital of Arunachal.
4) It is over 9 kilometers long, that is around 30% longer than the famous Mumbai bridge, Bandra-worli Sealink.
5) There is no operational airport in Arunachal, so this bridge will help a lot as it will reduse the travel time from Assam to Arunachal Pradesh by 4 hours.
6) The construction of the bridge started in the year 2011, when the Congress party governed Assam. The total cost of the project is about 950 crores.
7) The bridge has been designed to accommodate the movement of Military Tanks.
8) Once the bridge opens it will help the troops to easily enter Arunachal Pradesh, as it borders China, whenever the need be.
9)This bridge will be a great help to people in Assam because as of now- the only mode commute from that part of Assam to Arunachal Pradesh is by boat.
10) A 15,000 crore package was sanctioned by the Centre in 2015, for the improvement of road connectivity in Border states. The construction of this bridge was included into this estimate.
This post first appeared on Latest India News, Breaking News Live, Current Hea, please read the originial post: here