The Indian tourism and hospitality industry has emerged as one of the key drivers of growth among the services sector in India. Tourism in India has significant potential considering the rich cultural and historical heritage, variety in ecology, terrains and places of natural beauty spread across the country. Tourism is also a potentially large employment generator besides being a significant source of foreign exchange for the country.
To celebrate the contribution of people who made the industry flourish a grand award ceremony was held at the Imperial Hotel, Delhi, on Friday evening.
The ceremony was graced by the presence of many elite members of the society , the inaugural ceremony was conducted by Smt. Savitri Jindal, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu, Lal Krishna Advani and Jayant Sinha.
These eminent guests shared their views on the Travel and hospitality sector in India:
Sri Lal Krishna Advani thanked the organising team for coming up with a event wherein people can be felicitated for their good work in the field and also people can gather and discuss strategies for improvement.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu talked about the role and significance of railway in the field of tourism.
Jayant Sinha, Civil Aviation Minister , discussed various ideas to make travel more easier and affordable even for the middle class families from Europe.
News World India’s Sristhi Jindal spoke about the growth of Travel and tourism sector in India, she emphasised upon the ranking, saying India has moved up the list and will gradually make its place among the top, for travel and hospitality.
Names of some of the awardees of the ceremony are as follows:
1) Most Outstanding Corporate Executive: Ashwani Lohani [CMD, Air India]
2) Most Respected Veteran Of The Industry: Nakul Anand [executive director, ITC]
1) Most Outstanding Domestic Airlines: IndiGo , Mr. Aditya Ghosh[ President]
2) Most Outstanding International Airline: Air India, Mr. Anil Kaul [Dpty GM, Sales and Marketing]
3) Most Outstanding Airline (Premium economy and Economy): Vistara, Mr. Vishesh Khanna[Vice President- Sales]
1) Most Outstanding International Tourism Representation In India: Trac Representations (India) Pvt Ltd. Mr. Rajiv Nangia [COO]
2) Most Outstanding GSA: Group Concord, Mr. Pankaj Singh Chug [Managing Director]
-Tour Operators And Travel Technology:
1) Most Outstanding Travel Technology Provider: ITQ, Mr. Anil Parashar [President & CEO, ITQ]
2) Most Outstanding Online Travel Company: Travel Boutique Online, Mr. Anush Nijhwan [CEO]
1)Most Outstanding MICE Destination: Abu Dhabi, Mr. Bejan Dinshaw [Country Manager]
2) Most Outstanding Wildlife & Pilgrimage Destination: Madhya Pradesh, Mr. Anil Saxena [ General Manager]
1)Most Outstanding Debut Hotel: Roseate House Aerocity, Ms. Ritu Bararia [Head Corporate Communications -Bird Group]
2) Most Outstanding Luxury Hotel: The Imperial New Delhi, Mr. Vijay Wanchoo [Sr. Executive Vice President] .
This post first appeared on Latest India News, Breaking News Live, Current Hea, please read the originial post: here