While some donâ€™t care for the hit novel Ready Player One, itâ€™s hard to deny that the book captured the hearts and minds of millions as it climbed the NYT Bestsellerâ€™s list in 2011.
At the end of this month, a film adaptation of the book, directed by Stephen Spielberg, will be released in theaters.
And given the bookâ€™s heavy focus on VR, it makes sense that HTC wants to get in on the action with the Vive. The company is announcing eight pieces of virtual reality content, which will be available on the Vive and at IRL VR arcades, free to download on Viveport and Steam.
Folks attending SXSW can also get in on the action with the content debuting at the festival.
Here is the content Vive owners have to look forward to:
- Battle for the Oasis developed by Steel Wool Studios
- Rise of the Gunters developed by Drifter Entertainment, Inc.
- Gauntlet developed by Directive Games
- Smash developed by 2 Bears Studio
- Fracture developed by 2 Bears Studio
- Aechâ€™s Garage developed by Sansar
- The Distracted Globe Music Experience in TheWaveVR developed by TheWaveVR
- Ready Player One: Avatar Creator developed by Morph3D
You can learn more about each of these titles here.
- This content has been curated by a panel of tech experts including:
- Oscar Fleming CTO at SEO Link Express
- Kelli Frederick coder at Web Market Central
- Steve Myers inventor of The Results Driven Metric
- Lori Jordan Sys Admin at TopSEO Key
- Andres Rogers Big Boss of IndexBoss
- Justin Irwin Managing Editor of Public Tech News
The Panel was hand-picked by the News World staff to represent some of the best minds in the industry and each member brings a unique perspective to the table. In-depth discussion and debate lead to the choice of each technology news topic that News World shares.
The post Htc Debuts original Ready Player One content for the Vive appeared first on News World.