DHVI Jobs 2017 – Research Scientist, US
DHVI has invited applications for the recruitment of Research Scientist to lead with cutting edge research to combat infectious diseases that impact global health. The investigators at the DHVI conduct basic and translational research to develop novel vaccines, therapeutics and diagnostics for emerging pathogens, such as HIV-1, tuberculosis, influenza, malaria, cytomegalovirus, zika, chikungunya etc.
Research Scientist to work closely with Dr Haynes to oversee the day-to-day research laboratory activities to meet the specific goals of this exciting new DHVI program:
- isolation or design of neutralizing antibodies to known and unknown viral pathogens (e.g. influenz, chikungunya)
- improve antibody potency 100-fold by in vitro antibody evolution;
- apply the platform to antibodies/countermeasures targeting viruses representing RNA, and DNA, both (+)- and (-)-sense SS viral genomes
- transfer antibody sequence, expression system to DHVI CGMP unit.
Job Title: Research Scientist
Job Location: Durham, North Carolina
Educational Qualification: PhD or equivalent doctorate (e.g., Sc.D, M.D., D.M.V.), 5+ years of postdoctoral training or experience conducting scientific research in the field of immunology with multiple publications; Expertise in both cellular and molecular immunology techniques.
Years of Experience: 5+ years
- Design, develop and execute all required assays and model systems to meet the milestones of this new program:
Isolation of antibody sequences from pathogen-specific memory B cells, Plasma Cells or serum.
Evolution of antibodies by mammalian display and H/L chain swapping in collaboration with DHVI and external collaborators.
- Facilitate collaborations/interactions with the other scientific teams and collaborators/subcontractors working on this project.
- Characterize binding and neutralization function of original and evolved therapeutic (anti-viral) antibodies.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and lead in qualification and validation efforts for assays and procedures, as requested by the sponsor
- Plan, organize and conduct research projects with PI approval.
- Research new products, tests, and methods and report on relative feasibility, quality, and benefits of new developments.
- Collate and analyze complex data sets.
- Organize and present data sets to the PI and programmatic Leadership Team.
- Summarize completed protocols and studies; write scientific articles and manuscripts for publication and presentation.
- Supervise and mentor lab staff, students and fellows in the laboratory.
- Monitor progress of research projects and coordinate with the Program Manager to stay on budget and schedule to meet the program milestones and deliverables.
How to Apply: Candidates should apply to the position through Academic Jobs Online and send a cover letter and current resume/CV to: Duke Human Vaccine Institute Email: [email protected] (Please specify interest by referencing “P3 RS-DHVI” in email subject line) Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Click Here for More Details
The post Dhvi Jobs 2017 – Research Scientist, US appeared first on PeerScientist Jobs.