All papers today covered the remarks made by the Leader of Iran’s Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei in a meeting with a group of army commanders in Tehran. During the meeting, the Leader highlighted the significance of further unity among the Iranian Armed Forces, including the IRGC and the Army.
Also a top story was a meeting between Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani to discuss the country’s major problems.
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif’s remarks about the Iran Nuclear Deal also received great coverage. In a number of interviews held in New York, Zarif elaborated on Tehran’s reaction to Washington’s possible withdrawal from the JCPOA.
The arrest of Saeid Mortazavi, the former prosecutor of Tehran convicted of complicity in the death of a prison in Kahrizak Detention Centre back in 2009, was also a top story today. Mortazavi was arrested in Sorkhroud, a city in Mazandaran province, and was transferred to Tehran to serve his two-year term in Evin Prison.
The above issues, as well as many more, are highlighted in the following headlines and top stories:
- Qom Is Not Vatican
- Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi: Qom Belongs to Muslim World
- Parliament Gives First Yellow Card to Economy Minister
- Rouhani: People Have Right to Use Various Social Media
- Zarif: Washington Must Change Its Approach
- Rouhani’s Practical Measure to Boost Transparency
- Based on Rouhani’s Order, Iranian Treasury Publishes All Payments in Past Month
- Zarif to CBS: World Shouldn’t Expect Us to Remain Committed to a Broken Deal
- Toy Coup in Riyadh!
- Shooting in Front of Saudi King’s Palace Followed by Speculations about Coup
- Telegram Survives Filtering
- Rouhani: Government to Protect Cyberspace
- US and Dream of Disarming North Korea [Editorial]
- Iran Leader: Tomorrow’s Army Must Be Stronger, Better than Today
- Zarif: All Options on the Table
- Iran’s Reaction to US Possible Withdrawal from JCPOA
- Iran Leader Praises Army Chief’s Stances in Support of IRGC
- Empathy Best Way to Resolve Iran’s Problems
- End of Mortazavi
- Latest Situation of Tehran’s Former Prosecutor
- North Korean Leader: I Don’t Want to Be Second Saddam, Gaddafi
- Gov’t Spokesman: Rouhani Counts on IRGC for Resolution of Problems
- Opposition against Populist
- Bin Salman’s Populist, Adventurist Moves Strengthen Saudi Opposition
- Eight Key Decisions by Heads of Trio Branches of Iranian Establishment
- Parliament Hosts Meeting of Gov’t, Parliament, Judiciary
- Warning against EU-US Collusion on Iran Nuclear Deal
- Zarif: We Won’t Remain in Unilateral JCPOA
- Iran FM: Europe Must Make US Remain Committed to JCPOA
- We Have Enough Forex Reserves; People Shouldn’t Be Worried
- Saudis’ Ambiguous Account of Shooting in Royal Palace
- Rouhani: Consultation, Coordination among All State Bodies Can Resolve Problems
- Red Cross: Repercussions of Yemen War More Lethal than the War Itself
- Bloody Blast in Kabul: Takfiris Massacre Shiites
- Iran FM to CBS: Don’t Mistake Iran with Regional Dictators
- Intelligence Minister: People Main Elements behind Iran’s Security
- Parliament Speaker: All Branches of Power in Iran Have Similar Views on Sensitive Issues
- Iran’s Options to Counter US Are Ready: Zarif
- Incurable Pain of Syria in Body of Middle East
- A Report on Continued, More Complicated Crisis in Syria
- Mortazavi Arrested in Villa in Northern Iran, Sent to Prison
- What Are They Going to Wear?!
- Iranian Female Weightlifters to Compete in Int’l Competition after 70 Years
- First VP Holds Meeting with Ministers over Forex Issue
- Saudi Arabia’s Fake Power
- Uproar in Saudi Palace
- Telegram CEO Reveals His Anti-Iran Approach by Supporting the Film “300”
The post A Look at Iranian Newspaper Front Pages on April 23 appeared first on IFP News.