Amritsar: Nation’s largest tricolor measuring 120 X 80 feet was Hoisted at the Attari-Wagah joint checkpost in Punjab on Sunday evening.
The Flag was upraised by BJP leader from Amritsar Anil Joshi before beating the retreat ceremony at Attari-Wagah border. The leader stated, “The flag is an attraction for the tourists who visit the Attari border to watch the Beating the Retreat ceremony.”
“I grew up listening Saare Jahaan se achcha…Hindustan hamara… I could not become an Army men but I thought to do something that could make nation proud,” Joshi said.
About the Flag:
- The flag is 120 feet long and 80 feet wide, weighs 125 kilograms and is made of parachute material.
- The flag will be able to withstand high velocity winds up to 180 km an hour.
- The entire project costed Rs 3.5 crore.
- The galvanised steel pole alone worth Rs 1.75 crore.
- The flag is visible from the sky of Lahore’s Anarkali Bazaar.
- Three poles of height 65 feet each with LED (Light-emitting diode) will light up the flag.
It may be mentioned that earlier, the tallest flag was hoisted in Ranchi which was 300 feet high.
The post Country’s Tallest Tricolour Hoisted in Attari in Punjab appeared first on Newstrack English.