Funky looking, exceptionally comfortable and extremely versatile. Everything I wanted from a sandal is delivered by the Teva Hurricane Verge. Read on for my full review.
What are they?
Teva Hurricane Verge Women’s Sandal £75
- Quick-dry webbing made from recycled plastic using traceable, verifiable REPREVE® polyester yarn by Unifi® supports your foot and stands up to abuse
- Multiple points of adjustability let you dial in the absolute perfect fit, these sandals save 4 plastic bottles from ending up in landfills
- Lined with lightweight, breathable mesh that keeps your feet cool and comfortable
- Adjustable ankle strap helps you get the perfect fit
- Robust EVA footbed is made for all-day adventuring
- Nylon shank stabilizes and supports your foot on uneven terrain
- Rubber outsole for durability and traction
- Added Microban® treatment keeps smells at bay
- Sustainability Initiative(s): Webbing made from recycled plastic using traceable, verifiable REPREVE® polyester yarn by Unifi®
What we thought
The Hurricane Verge is a reimagining of the much-loved Teva Hurricane. Teva sandals have always been popular, and for good reason, but they have recently enjoyed a resurgence thanks to trendy young Gen Zeders who can’t get enough of them.
The Hurricane is a slightly sturdier, but still lightweight sandal that makes it capable as a summer trail choice, but I’ve found their versatile looks and performance lend themselves well to camping, hiking and everything in between.
I really like the adjustable straps which meant I could get the perfect fit, and also lead to be discovering one foot is slightly wider than the other! I did find that to get the perfect fit I needed to pull the velcro across the back quite far over, but once adjusted they fitted perfectly and have remained super comfortable.
- Very comfortable and 3 highly adjustable straps provide the perfect fit
- Lightweight which makes them easy to wear and ideal for packing
- Good grip and stability from the outsole
- Excellent quality
- I love how funky they look and they go with pretty much any casual or sporty outfit from jeans and leggings to shorts and walking pants
- Rugged and supportive enough to be worn on summer trail hikes
- Good padding so the straps don’t rub at all
- Limited colour options
It’s fair to say I love these and of all my Teva sandals over the years these are hands-down my favourite in terms of comfort, looks and all-round versatility.
Although the Teva Original Universal still offers far more options in terms of colours, the Hurricane Verge offers superior comfort. That said, I would still like to see more colours to choose from and initially, I really wasn’t convinced I’d like the Aragon colour (sort of a deep pink rose/coral), but I actually really like it and find it goes with pretty much everything whilst not looking too boring.
At £75 I think these are good value too and well worth the investment. In future, if they bring out new colours or do a collaboration like they’ve done with Ann Sui, I’d definitely snap up another pair!
DISCLOSURE | Thank you to Teva who supplied the featured product to us to test. We were not paid to write this review.
Where to next?
- GEAR | My Teva Ember Mid Boots Are Perfect For Camping & More So I’m Never Taking Them Off
- GEAR | Teva Arrowood Lux Mid Walking Boot Review
- GEAR | Stepping Out in the Adventure-Ready Teva Tirra Women’s Leather Sandal – Review
The post GEAR | Teva Women’s Hurricane Verge Sandal Review appeared first on Camping Blog Camping with Style | Travel, Outdoors & Glamping Blog.