Unlike Packing for a short vacation, being a digital nomad means packing for a lifestyle that needs to fit into a suitcase or a backpack. You will want to have a packing list with the right equipment and tools to make working while traveling possible. Here is our Women Digital Nomads approved packing list for 2017.
1. Don’t leave home without a travel adapter. You’ll need this to charge your electronics; a travel adapter allows you to plug your into a different power socket regardless of which country you are in.
2. I travel with a GoPro instead of a DSLR, and it has proven to be the best packing decision for me. I am not a professional photographer but still wanted to capture my travel moments, and I love how the GoPro allows me to capture both videos and images.
3. The Roost Laptop Stand is the perfect travel laptop stand. Incredibly light and compact at only 5.8oz, we love that this laptop stand fits into our backpack without taking up precious space or weight. Working for long hours on our laptops can be bad for our eyes and back, and this laptop stand helps transforms your laptop into an ergonomic desktop workstation.
4. The Productivity Planner improves your productivity and helps you stay on track. This planner uses productivity principles based on scientific research that is used by successful people throughout history. You can track your completed and incomplete tasks, reflect on what you’ve learned and write down what you need to focus on.
5. Packing cubes are one of our favorite travel must-have items! Packing cubes make packing and unpacking so much easier, and helps to keep your clothes organized.
6. Instead of carrying around a bunch of books, I now travel with my Amazon Kindle. I waited a while before giving in and getting the Kindle, but it was worth trading in my heavy books for a lighter alternative.
7. I need a good noise-cancelling headphone in order to work out of cafes or survive long travel journeys, which is why this noise-cancelling headphones by Bose is amazing. It is more pricey than the regular cheap headphones, but the quality is so worth the extra money you spend.
8. I travel with my MacBook Pro and love it. If you are looking for something lighter but with less memory space, I would highly recommend the MacBook Air.
9. Using a VPN is so important for digital nomads, especially if you frequently use public wifi at cafes or airports. VPN shield your browsing activity from prying eyes on public Wi-Fi and protects sensitive data such as your passwords and banking details. VPN also allows you to access region-restricted websites (Netflix anyone?).
Did we miss out on any must-haves for the digital nomad packing list? Let us know in the comments section below!
The post The Digital Nomad Packing List Guide 2017 appeared first on Women Digital Nomads Inspiration.