Confirmed Accommodation To Waitlisted Passengers In Indian Railways
According to a press note released by Indian Railways, a scheme called Alternate Train Accommodation Scheme (ATAS) – VIKALP is being introduced w.e.f. 01.11.2015 to provide confirmed accommodation to waitlisted passengers and also to ensure optimal utilisation of available accommodation. This scheme is initially only for the tickets booked through internet as a pilot project for six months, on Delhi-Lucknow and Delhi-Jammu sectors of Northern Railway. In this scheme, wait listed passengers of a train can opt for confirmed accommodation in alternate trains.
- This scheme is presently being implemented only across Mail/ Express trains of same category.
- The scheme is applicable to all waiting list passengers irrespective of booking quota and concession. In pilot phase the scheme will be available on few pre-designated trains in the above sectors only.
- No extra charges shall be taken from passenger or any refund shall be provided for difference of fare.
- Opting for VIKALP does not mean that confirmed berth will be provided to passengers in alternate train. It is subject to train and berth availability.
- Under this scheme, waiting list passengers will give choice to opt for ATAS scheme.
- ATAS opted passengers who remain fully waitlisted after charting will only be considered for allotment in the alternate train.
- In this scheme, your boarding and terminating station might change to nearby cluster stations.
- Fully WL passengers opted for ATAS should check PNR status after charting.
- Either all passengers of a PNR or none will be transferred to alternate train in same class. The passenger can be considered for shifting to a train leaving from any station amongst the cluster of stations defined by Railways based on the convenience of the passengers to a station serving the destination station on the same analogy.
- The passenger allotted alternate accommodation can travel in the alternate train on authority of original ticket.
- The ATAS opted passengers who have been provided accommodation in the alternate train will not figure in the waitlisted charts of their original train. A separate list of passengers transferred in alternate train will be pasted along with the CONFIRMED and WAITLIST charts.
- Waitlisted passengers of original train shall not be allowed to board the original train if allotted alternate accommodation. If found travelling, they will be treated as travelling without ticket and charged accordingly.
- In rare situations, passengers who have been provided alternate accommodation might get dropped/re-allotted in alternate train due to last minute change in composition of the alternate train at the time of chart preparation. So, passengers who have been provided alternate accommodation should check PNR status also after preparation of charts of the alternate train for final status.
- This information will be available on Call Centre (139), PRS Enquiry Counters, Passenger Operated Enquiry Terminals installed at stations and through website www.indianrail.gov.in.
- Passengers once provided alternate accommodation in alternate train will be treated as normal passengers in alternate train and will be eligible for upgradation.
- When an ATAS opted passenger opts to cancel, after he/she has been given an alternate accommodation, he/she will be treated as a CONFIRMED passenger and the cancellation rules will apply accordingly.
- Once confirmed in Alternate train, Cancellation charges will be as per your berth/train status in alternate train.
- No refund for difference of fare between the original train and the alternate train, including Tatkal charges, if any, will be given to re-allocated passengers.
- Once an ATAS passenger has been allotted alternate accommodation, journey modification will not be permitted. If required, the passenger will have to cancel the ticket and book a fresh ticket for modified journey.
- When a passenger who has been allotted alternate accommodation has not performed his journey in the alternate train, he can claim for refunds by filing a TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt) request.
- You can be transferred to any alternate train available within 12 hrs from the scheduled departure of original train, in which you have booked your ticket.
- Please check PNR status after charting.
- VIKALP Scheme once successfully opted cannot be changed.
IRCTC and Indian Railways Additional Resources:
- new railway time table Central Railway
- new railway time table South Central railway
- cheapest air tickets
- irtc login
- railway pnr status
- indian railway online booking
- train schedule
- indian railways time table
- irctc booking
- online ticket booking
- irctc login page
- delhi to goa