GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT SUVIDHA TRAINS
Indian Railways has started the facility of Suvidha Trains for the benefit of passengers who want to travel at short notice. Essential guidelines for such trains are given below.
- There are three types of SUVIDHA trains: non-stop trains with full AC coaches, non-stop trains having AC and non-AC coaches, and trains with stop having AC and non-AC coaches.
- The maximum Advance Reservation period will be 30 days while the minimum Advance period will be 10 days.
- SUVIDHA trains are meant for premium category passengers and the minimum fare for such trains would be equivalent to TATKAL fare and will increase subsequently.
- Tickets shall be issued only for Confirmed and RAC Passengers accommodation. There shall be no provision for waiting list in the train.
- Dynamic fare shall be charged for confirm as well as RAC passengers.
- No concession shall be applicable on these trains. Full adult fare shall be charged for all passengers irrespective of their age. Also Free passes/ complimentary passes/ warrant/ concessional voucher etc, shall not be permitted in these trains.
- Only General quota booking will be applicable.
- Apart from e-ticketing, SUVIDHA trains tickets shall also be booked through PRS counters.
- Modification/ duplicate ticket/ cluster bookings/ BPT will not be allowed.
- Passenger should produce one of the prescribed identity card during journey for verification purpose for both e-ticket & PRS ticket.
- Upgradation option shall not be applicable in these trains.
- There shall be no First AC/ First Class/ Executive Class/ General Class/ 2nd sitting coach in the train composition of Suvidha Trains.
- Please note that 50% refund of fare subject to minimum flat cancellation charge of Rs. 100/- for AC-II tier/ First Class, Rs. 90/- for AC-III tier/ 3 Economy/ AC Chair Car and Rs. 60/- for sleeper class will be granted for confirmed/ RAC tickets up to 6 hours before the scheduled departure of the train or preparation of the chart whichever is earlier. No Refund of fare after that will be granted. Such refund will be granted by filing TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt).
- In case of a train cancellation, full refund will be granted for E-Ticket automatically by the system.
IRCTC and Indian Railways Additional Resources:
- South Central Railway Special Trains, December, 2015
- Current Booking | Rules For Booking After Charting
- flightr booking
- Irctc register
- irct login
- PNR status
- train schedule