Here are some of the most interesting facts about Energy that you should know about, have a look:
1. Do you know that only 10% of energy in a light bulb is used to create light. Rest 90% of light bulb’s energy creates heat.
2. As compared to conventional bulbs, compact fluorescent light bulbs uses around 80% less energy and last up to 12 times long.
3. As per Google, the energy it takes to conduct around 100 searches on its site is equivalent to a 60-watt light bulb burning for 28 minutes.
4. In an average home, around 75% of the energy used to power home electronics is consumed while the products are turned off. Therefore, it is always advisable to no not keep your electronics like desktop computer, laptops, PlayStation and other electronics idle as idle power consumes more electricity. Also, remember to unplug the charger and other devices when you are not using them.
5. Inefficient appliances, drafty windows and doors, poor insulation waste a lot of energy at home, leading to huge utility bills.
6. Every day, over 8 million lightning strike throughout the world. Each bolt superheats the air around it to about 54,000 degrees Fahrenheit, which is 5 times hotter than the sun.
7. It is estimated that around 15 trillion watts of power is being used across our planet at any one time.
8. The UK gets gas from all over the world. In order to make for a much more efficient method of transport, the gas is shrunk by 600 times to form a liquid before being transported.
9. Natural gas is largely made up of methane and doesn’t have a detectable smell. For safety purpose, sulphur compounds are added to it to give it that distinct smell.
10. It is interesting to know that the gas pipes in the United Kingdom could wrap around Erath more than 4 times.
Today, with increasing population and growing demand for energy, energy conservation has become an important issue. It is a worldwide issue with massive environmental, social and political implications. Energy conservation not only helps to lower the utility bills, but also result in:
· Increasing environmental quality
· Improved national security
· Improved economy
· Saving ecosystems and animals
· Conserving limited natural resources
· Enhanced quality of life
It is also important to choose your energy suppliers carefully. Extraenergy is one of the most well-known names in the energy supplying industry, supplying energy to both the residential and business customers throughout the United Kingdom. At Extraenergy, they provide highly economical energy rates for homes and businesses along with a customer-friendly service. Further, it is very easy to switch to Extraenergy. It just takes around 5 weeks to switch energy supplier. For any kind of queries related to their services, you can use Extra Energy contact number and reach directly to their customer care executives.