Hybrid Mobile app
The popularity of these apps are increasing when it comes to mobile application development in the hybrid app or we can say, hybrid apps is the middle path of the development of mobile application development in the native app and the web apps development.
Native mobile apps are somewhat favorite application development from many years. They are mainly built for a specific platform with the SDK platform, tools and language, typically provided by the platform vendor like Xcode/Objective C for iOS, Eclipse/Java for Android and visual studio/C# for windows. They are although expensive but have better graphics and performance and have a radical distribution in their particular AppStore. On the other hand, Mobile web apps are server side apps, built with server side technology (like PHP, Node.Js, and ASP.NET) that lessen HTML.
Although they have short development cycle and can be accessed anytime but it doesn’t work for all kind of business functionalities. Therefore, if we have a solution which can bridge this gap between Native app and Mobile web app then it would be surely recommended for implementation and in a solution; such application is known as the hybrid application for mobile app development.
So where Hybrid Mobile app is best fitted for?
Now the question arises, where we can use this application. Below there is a checklist which will help you to decide whether your organization or business requires this development or not?
- Does your mobile web approach is not serving your purpose?
- Are you looking for application which have features like integration and offline functionality but can’t afford the time and cost of native app development?
- Are you looking to maximize the app’s reach across each mobile platforms available in the market?
- Are you looking for a technology which is not just feasible today but also works in the future and into the future OS?
If your answers are mostly “Yes”! Then you surely have to look into the hybrid app for your business. However, like any other even hybrid apps got the 2 flip sides of a coin. It too have the pros and cons.
- Faster development and one time code development for cross-platform development
- Hybrid mobile app content is searchable on internet or web
- Cost effective
- Easy and quick to develop, deploy and update
- High graphics and standards
- High code portability
- Generic user interface across mobile interfaces
- Local data storage and offline functions are not available in the local OS
- Limited quality of hybrid app development tools are available
- Lack in fine grained control over all UI elements and device specific features
The challenge of building an app with the right set of features, performances and platform support at an affordable cost requires strong decision to decide between a native, web and hybrid app. And from the above the points, hybrid mobile solutions can deliver the closet experience of native apps at the very low cost, time and development efforts. Enterprises should start considering the hybrid apps as with the upcoming mobile OS and platforms even the slights disadvantages would be disappear and you will have a combination of different app functionalities which can make the most out of each. This will ultimately beneficial for the businesses.