For young researchers, it is imperative to publish numerous research articles in reputed journals. It adds credibility to their name and proves beneficial for their career ahead.
However, many researchers find it difficult to write articles for publication; they struggle to even come up with an interesting research question.
An easy way to publish soon after your PhD is to to write the journal article from your Medical Thesis. You had invested months in performing research, collecting and analyzing the data, and writing a thesis. So, why not utilize your hard labour to write an article in the journal?
It is the easiest and most logical step towards your first publication. Apart from better career opportunities, you can showcase your research work to a wider audience and make significant contribution to your field.
Most journal editors are happy to publish articles that have a medical thesis as their base. But, you need to re-write and refine your thesis to convert it into a journal article, as they differ in their overall approach and format.
Follow this systematic approach to convert your medical thesis into an article:
- Depending upon your field of research, make a list of the journals you seek to publish in. Take note of their scope and objectives, which must match with your research study.
- Go through the previous issues of your desired journal. Note the word limit, overall format, and referencing style.
- Trim the length of your medical thesis. Select the relevant data and re-write in the following format:
- Literature Review
- Materials and methods used
While trimming the length of your thesis, keep in mind the following:
- If your thesis covers several distinct research questions, narrow the focus on the most important question.
- State the purpose of the paper clearly in “Introduction”.
- Give a conceptual framework of your research in “Literature Review”.
- Select only the most appropriate references to report in the literature review.
- Report the results that are relevant to the research question. Do not include other results.
- Do not over-interpret the data.
- Be clear, precise, and explicit in your writing. Avoid unnecessary detail, extraneous words, grammatical and language errors.
To make writing easy and increase your chances of publication:
- Collaborate with a colleague who has an expertise and previous experience in publishing articles. An article review by an experienced colleague can provide critical insights into its quality and relevance to the journal.
- Strictly adhere to the journal’s writing guidelines. To know more checkout our publication support services.
- Proofread and edit your article for any mistakes in formatting, missing information or grammatical errors before submitting for publication. Get help from our medical editing services experts.
- Acknowledge the revision comments given by the editor after submission and revise your paper accordingly.
Finally, be patient after submission. Patience always pays!
The post How to Convert a Medical Thesis into an Article? appeared first on Cognibrain®.