With Lent only one week away, it’s time to consider what you will be reading to help you grow in holiness. Here are my recommendations:
1. The Life of Christ by Venerable J. SheenFulton – A clear, comprehensive, and compelling depiction of Christ’s life, which provides an in-depth background on numerous Scriptural texts and explanation of symbolism from both the Old and New Testament. This book has been hailed as Bishop Sheen’s most eloquent work. An excellent read for Lent!
2. Stirring Slumbering Souls by Michael Seagriff – A wonderful collection of 250 quotes to increase your love for the Eucharist this Lent. Read the full review.
3. St. Faustina Prayer Book for the Conversion of Sinners by Susan Tassone – Lent is a season of prayer and what better time to pray for the conversion of sinners? Read the full review.
- The Seven Last Words by Venerable Fulton J. Sheen — In The Seven Last Words Fulton Sheen presents to us a stirring series of reflections on the last sayings of Christ from the Cross which will challenge us to love more heroically.
- Bringing Lent Home with St. Thérèse of Lisieux: Prayers, Reflections, and Activities for Families by Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle –This is one of my all-time Lenten favorites. You can read my review at the National Catholic Register.
This post of The Best Catholic Books for Lent also appears on An Open Book at Carolyn Astfalk’s My Scribbler’s Heart blog and at Catholic Mom.
GIVEAWAY Begins February 7.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The post Best Catholic Books for Lent 2018 appeared first on Jean M. Heimann.