Sometimes in life, you get stuck in situations where there is no way out however it has been said by a lot of successful people that there is always a way out no matter how stuck you are or how bad the circumstances. And that is true. The only thing that keeps us from finding that one way out is the fact that we panic and lose our mind when we are facing a tough situation or when we get stuck. Human mind is a fragile yet extremely active thing. It works the way you want it to work, it does what you make it do and it thinks what you believe to be true. And the way to get out of any such harmful or bad situation is to tame your mind. You should know that it is you who makes the mind work and not the other way around. I'm sure this is a pretty controversial topic to discuss however this is how I live my life and how I feel is the best way to do it. The most important things that I believe one should do or plan to do when in a miserable situation are:
1) MOST IMPORTANT - Stay Calm - This is one thing that we usually miss out and this is the most important factor in any scenario. Stay calm and everything should feel easy.
2) Be aware of what is happening around you - You should always be aware of what all is happening around you and not just worry about what's happening to you.
3) Be aware of who is controlling the situation and how it is being controlled - Always try and figure out who or what is controlling the outcome in the situation as that can be a key to getting out.
4) Be aware of how you ended up in this situation - Try and remember what you did or what incident brought you in this situation in the first place.
5) Figure out the various options that you have - While staying calm, just try and look around for options that you have to get out of the mess. There is always one that is pretty easy and you might ignore it unless you focus.
6) Always stay motivated - One of the things that leads to misery is the fact that people lose hope or get demotivated and just give up. They accept their misery. You should never do that and you will find it easy to get out.
7) Think of a reason to make things better - There is always something or someone in life that you want and in order to do that you do certain things. Just try and remember one of those and that should get you off your ass and do something about it.
8) Stop cribbing and do something - Well pretty self-explanatory :)
Well in all, things aren't going to get better by themselves, you have to figure out a way yourself. So let's get up and fix things. Cheers.