Chodesh Menachem Av Tov – a Good Month. And it’s Erev Shabbos!
Avoid INFORMATION and SHTUSS OVERLOAD yet be and informed smart Jew in under 5 minutes by reading our daily news skim! Here’s the news being talked about by smart Jews today…
Today’s Skim of the News for Smart Jews
- ISIS of the Sinai threatens Jerusalem, Rome, and Egypt. ISIS of the Sinai is forming up as the new ISIS center, and recently published video threats against Jerusalem, Rome, and Egypt. Confidential reports state that Egypt and Israel are working together using drone strikes against the terror organization.
- Where’s ISIS? National Counterterrorism Center publishes ISIS heat map showing the extremist murdering slave taking beheading organization spreading across 14 countries worldwide.
- Tens of Millions of dollars of donations to Christian mega charity World Vision funneled to Hamas military wing. An Israel Security Agency investigation quickly found that Hamas redirected 60% of World Vision’s charity budget to its “military” wing. The charity fell victim to a complex Hamas takeover scheme, with Hamas’s armed wing stealing $7.2 million a year in donations which was supposed to pay for food, humanitarian assistance, and aid programs for disabled children. So donations ‘for the children’ were used to try to kill Israel’s children. This is my shocked face.
- It’s the combined Torah portions Matos-Maasei in the U.S. and outside of Israel. War is waged against Midian for attempting the moral destruction of the Jewish nation, and the tribes of Reuven and Gad are given the land on the OTHER SIDE of the Jordan (what today is the country of Jordan). And it’s G-d’s promise of the Land of Israel and the divisions of Israel. In Israel only the portion of Maasei is read, with this Shabbos bringing Israel and outside Israel back in sync. It’s G-d’s promise of the Land of Israel and the divisions of Israel. Does this week’s Torah reading require a Jew to live in the Land of Israel or just recommend it? Consult with your local orthodox rabbi.
- Photo of the Day… ISIS Heat Map
…and that’s the news of interest to Jews today…
(our skim is ethnically focused, but we’re thrilled for every reader)
We do NOT publish on the Holy Shabbos, Friday sundown until Saturday nightfall. The next Skim for Jews will be on Sunday, G-d willing.