“Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.” (2 Tim. 1:9)
This verse tells us that God gave to us a calling and Purpose before we were born into this world, and before this world was created. You were alive in the mind of God before the world was formed. Imagine for a moment, the opportunity that is set before every person to connect with that realm of Divine destiny.
Its not that you are very old, but that you have an origin in God… who is the Creator of all things.
Your destiny is held within God’s hand. This is in sync with the meaning of destiny: the predetermined, usually inevitable or irresistible, course of events. In our case – predetermined by God! Scripture is full of people who found themselves wrestling to uncover their place in God’s mind.
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you, and I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” (Jer. 1:5)
God is saying that before the Prophet Jeremiah was born, there was a plan and purpose on His mind. God ordained him to be a prophet to the nations. Even the Psalmist David said that you and I are fearfully and wonderfully made, that our unformed bodies were knit together with careful attention to detail… from our mother’s womb. Unique to all other realities is God’s calling and purpose for our future. God has a vision and plan for our lives, worth chasing after… and worth any price.
- “For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called: and whom He called, them He also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?” (Rom. 8:29-31)
- “Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will…” (Eph. 1:5)
These Scriptures tell us a number of things that should make any follower of Christ feel a sense of Divine purpose and destiny.
- God has always known us!
- God has always planned for our success!
- God has always celebrated our relationship in Christ!
- God has always destined us for a place in His heart!
Doing something amazing- is exciting, but being someone amazing- is eternal! God has chosen us to be His Child!
" rel="nofollow" class="external" title="Post this to Identica">Post this to Identica
This post first appeared on Christian Revival, Kingdom Of God, Jesus Ministry,, please read the originial post: here