Sometimes, you have to spend money to save money. It seems counter intuitive, but it is true.
Take Membership warehouse clubs— think Costco, Sam’s Club, and BJ’s. Each of these clubs charges members an annual membership fee to shop in their warehouses. A whole host of cost-saving benefits come with a club membership, helping members save money on needed everyday items and services. The overall benefit is a win for members, as savings add up to more than what members pay for an annual membership.
Christian Indie Publishing Association (CIPA) operates under the same premise. The association offers independent authors and small publishers a host of cost-saving benefits. The savings provided members of the association adds up to more than the cost of an annual membership. Some of these cost-saving benefits include:
- Free title setup and revisions with IngramSpark (a minimum $45 savings).
- Free title setup and first year market access fee waived with Lightning Source (a minimum $50 savings).
- A 15% discount on Bowker’s products including ISBNs and barcodes at myidentifiers.com (a minimum $18 savings on one ISBN).
- A $25 credit when accessing Reedsy’s services which include editing and cover design.
- A 10% discount when ordering book templates and cover designs from Book Design Templates (a $5 minimum savings).
- A summer publicity special from a publicist for CIPA Members saving them hundreds of dollars in publicity service fees.
These are just a few of the ways Christian Indie Publishing Association saves our members money. In addition, the association offers members free downloads on a number of checklists and reference guides that usually cost money to obtain. These include:
- A list of over 70 radio and podcast outlets interviewing authors with contact information.
- A Checklist for Creating a Professional-Looking Book.
- A Book Launch Marketing Checklist.
- A Metadata Checklist.
Joining a publishing association can save you money in the long run. Don’t just take my word for it. Members of Christian Indie Publishing Association agree. They say:
“The benefits I have already reaped from membership in CIPA have far surpassed the membership fee. CIPA has far exceeded my expectations in terms of the outstanding resources you provide for authors.”
You can read more testimonials at https://www.christianpublishers.net/membership/testimonials.
Christian Indie Publishing Association is running a summer special on Membership with the organization. For just $120 you can join now and receive membership through December 2020. That’s 18-months of membership and a savings of $60 for you!
Don’t miss out on your chance to save money. If you are not a member, you can join today at: https://www.christianpublishers.net/membership/become-a-member.
Are You Using Publishing Industry Standards?
Your Next Big Break
It Takes a Step of Faith
Don’t miss out on any of the great information shared in this blog. Subscribe to receive each post in your email box. Just click here.
Photo courtesy of Maitree Rimthong.
This post first appeared on Marketing Christian Books | A Personal Guide To This Unique Market, please read the originial post: here