We are Fully Loved and completely Broken at the same time. How do we function when these both exist within the same person i.e. us?
This can only happen if we are in Christ and recognize:
- God fully knows us as we are -- there are no secrets or surprises for him about us even if and when there are for us.
- Because of Christ, He completely receives and embraces us with full knowledge of our brokenness.
- Our brokenness always produces broken actions and outcomes.
- God does not spare us from the consequences of our broken choices but uses them to humble, instruct and advance us i.e. make us more like Jesus.
- He always hurts when we are hurting i.e. he feels pain when we go through pain from our broken choices, he does not condemn us for them.
- God redeems and uses everything for his glory; both the actions and the consequences.
- God always sees and focuses on the potential that he has created in us, not our failures.
- He is always sad for us -- vs mad at us -- when we fail and always rejoices when we succeed.
God always loves us, is always with us, always applauds our successes, always offers comfort in our failures and always uses them to advance us.
How can all these be true? God's love, wisdom, power, and presence are not based on what we do but on who he is as demonstrated in what he already did in and through Christ. We are