Seven people were killed and almost 50 have been injured, police said.
The three attackers were also shot dead during just eight minutes of violence
As thirty-six people remain in hospital including 21 in critical condition, it would appear that the terror attacks that took place at London Bridge and Borough Market on Saturday 3rd June, had been carefully coordinated by the Islamist fighters. The two places were, in any case, not very far from each other.
|A bloodied victim leaves Wheatsheaf pub outside of which the three terrorists were gunned down in a hail of bullets|
The terrorists had rented a Hertz van and deliberately targeted pedestrians. The three attackers drove the van to Borough Market where they abandoned the vehicle and went on a stabbing spree. The trio, who were wearing fake suicide vests, shouted 'this is for Allah' as they used 12-inch hunting knives to attack revellers at busy bars and restaurants in the market. Dozens of others fled for their lives.
ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack, 24 hours after the three terrorists were shot dead, saying the three men were a 'squadron of fighters from the Islamic State'
Armed police rushed to the scene and shot dead all three suspects within eight minutes of receiving the first emergency call and placed the area on lock down. Among the 7 people who died were a Canadian woman and a French man. Police have continued with their investigations.
Mr Sciotto, who is from Polistena, in southern Italy, said it will
take him weeks to come to terms with what he saw on the night