Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

Share my world: The Morning of...

I last left the planner plans Series here. Since the Wedding, many of you have reached out to me to ask if I was going to continue the series with recaps and well, truth be told, I looked up and 8 months were gone. So without further ado, I introduce my recap series, "Share my world"...


It was finally here, the day before the big day. I would spend the day caravaning picking up my bridesmaids arriving by air, bus and train. I could hardly contain myself knowing that my "rocks" would all be with me to get me down the aisle.

Rental car, check. Pick up dress, check. Rehearsal dinner gifts, spa day confirmation and out of office autoreply-check, check, check. It was official...I was off. One day before the wedding and I was determined to spend it with the girls I've known the majority of my life at the spa.

Oh universe, if it was only that simple...

Instead, Mr. Charming didn't quite realize that he would be the one driving to pick up our seating chart and instead made other arrangements. So instead of relaxing, I spent the day on the phone-worried about my bridesmaid whose flight was delayed from LAX and who would pick her up and how we were going to pick up the seating chart,check-in AND make it to rehearsal on time.

My friend, colleague and amazing wedding planner, Deidre, called and told me not to worry...suddenly I found peace.

My gorgeous bridesmaid took a taxi from the airport to surprise me at the spa, the boys drove the turnpike and picked up the seating chart, we made it (almost) on time to the rehearsal and had a great time at the rehearsal dinner at Kabuki Japanese Restaraunt.

My world was right...

The next day I opened my eyes at 4:00am. In a hotel suite full of girls not a peep could be heard. I opened the blinds and called Mr. Charming who also couldn't sleep. He went to his window and we watched the sunrise. It was so amazing. I felt so amazing.

(this is the actual sunset from that day snapped with my cell phone)

The rest of the day seriously flew by.

First on the agenda was hair and makeup. In true non-diva fashion, I hopped in the car with 2 of my bridesmaids and drove over the bridge to my regular salon. After a quick chic-fil-a run, we were headed back for makeup. The one requirement I had for the girls was that they all had their makeup professionally done. As gorgeous as I think my girls are, it was important to me to have that moment of bonding and to put the "finishing touch" on the ladies...all nine of them.

Throughout the morning I received lots of calls, texts, facebook messages and tweets of good luck. My best friend Sophie who couldn't attend from Atlanta due to surgery, also called to wish me well.

As makeup was wrapping up, our photographers handed me a card from the hubby...and then they started. Tears, lots of tears.

The moment finally felt real.

I looked over into my crowded suite and with the music blasting, my sister, friends and family dancing, my dad playing paparrazi, I knew that even if everything went wrong from this point forward, I was content. Lucky for me, the day only got better.

The girls gathered around and all helped me get dressed. Yes..ALL. Which is hysterical b/c with 8 sets of arms plus my mom, there really wasn't too much room. One would push tighter, the other looser and eventually we just burst out into laughter

Mom gave her once over and seal of approval.

The clock struck six, fireworks began and our photographer Angie said "sweetie, it's time to go". The she took this shot.

It was Finally.My.Time. Giddy is an understatement.

This post first appeared on Destination...Soiree!, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

Share my world: The Morning of...


Subscribe to Destination...soiree!

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription