Dating as you get older is going to be a bit different than you’re used to. Here are 10 things you’ll learn about dating while in your 40s.
- We all know amazing single ladies in their 40s… but we can’t think of any single guys that age. This might get you down, but the key is about where you are looking to meet these awesome men.
- When you’re in your 40s, you are pretty happy with who you are. You know what you do and do not like. You know what kind of dates excite you and what bores you. The best part is, chances are these places are exactly where 40-year-old single men like to go, too.
- Many single 40-year old women look and feel great. These ladies are doing yoga, exercising, and getting out there and having fun. They take care of themselves, and they are all about trying to look and feel good.
- You can choose if and/or when you want children. Maybe you haven’t planned for kids or not, we can’t deny that there is something pretty liberating about deciding not to have children. There’s a lot of stigma surrounding women who choose not to reproduce, even though it’s clear that children aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.
- You don’t have to stick to one age group. By the time you hit 40, you’re not going to care very much about the social stigmas about dating younger (or maybe even dating older). You’re going to date someone because they make you feel great and, come on, who doesn’t want to be with someone who makes them feel amazing?
- When you’re 40, you understand the laws of sexual attraction much better. Okay, so maybe when you were young you may have thought you knew all there was to know about sex. When you’re 40, your sexual intellect has fully matured, and you understand that looks aren’t necessarily the end all be all of what makes someone attractive.
- You may click with someone who doesn’t have similar interests as you. Interests are important, but there are other things that you can have in common with someone, such as similar values and personality traits that compliment your own.
- Watch out for the newly divorced people. You’re going to hear people tell you that you should scoop up a great person as soon as they get out of their first marriage. You might want to rethink that bit of advice because newly single people will come with a lot of baggage that you might have to help them deal with.
- You might realize that marriage isn’t for everyone. You might have several happily married friends in your social circle, but you may also know some people who sacrificed their happiness because they were afraid of being alone. At this age, you’ll learn that there is absolutely nothing to be afraid about when you’re single, independent and are happy with yourself.
- Even your feminist friends will try to set you up on dates. There is something about being a single 40-year-old woman that other women feel like they need to fix. They may offer you advice or even set you up on blind dates. Don’t take it personally, though, because you should remember that it is all coming from a good place.
The post 10 Things You’ll Learn Dating in Your 40s appeared first on MatureDatingUK Blog.