Calvin Johnson has decided to stop talking publicly about his relationship with the Lions.
- In a change from his past approaches when asked about his relationship with the Detroit Lions—which ended contentiously—former wide receiver Calvin Johnson declined to comment during a meeting for the Economic Club of Grand Rapids. “Every time I comment on them it becomes a big story and I don’t want that,” Johnson said per MLive. “I’m just living my life and having a good time.” Johnson also gave his thoughts on Jim Caldwell.
- The Detroit Lions added another former Syracuse employee to the staff this week:
Matt Patricia adding more Syracuse flavor to his staff. Team has hired Erik Kunttu to run the video operations. Here's a 2011 article on Kunttu: https://t.co/kpM0qKsAQp— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) February 12, 2018
- The Detroit Free Press gave an inside look at the Lions’ processes in hiring Matt Patricia as their new head coach, which includes an interesting story about Patricia’s personability during his time in New England.
- Everyone knows that Matthew Stafford is no longer the highest paid quarterback after Jimmy Garoppolo signed a contract worth $27.5 million per year. But Zac Snyder of Detroit Jock City argues that Stafford was technically never the highest paid quarterback in the league.
- I joined SB Nation radio on Sunday to talk about the Matt Patricia hire, the Detroit Lions’ upcoming offseason, and the general perception of Matthew Stafford.
- Kyle Meinke has an enlightening story on what went wrong with former Lions offensive line coach Ron Prince and why Detroit believes Jeff Davidson is the right man for the job.
- The Lions essentially did a coach swap with Boston College (where they hired Paul Pasqualoni from):
Source: Boston College is expected to hire Bill Sheridan as a defensive assistant coach. He’s a veteran NFL assistant, most recently with the Lions.— Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) February 10, 2018
- Sean Tomlinson of Bleacher Report believes that Kenny Golladay is the best bargain the Lions have on their salary cap.