A roundup of all the best Matt Patricia content out there.
- Wednesday was a big day for the Detroit Lions and there’s a lot of content to consume from Matt Patricia’s first day on the job. Here are some things you may have missed.
- DetroitLions.com’s Tori Petry had a separate interview with Patricia after his initial press conference:
[email protected] sits down with new head coach Matt Patricia to talk about his relationship with GM Bob Quinn and his next steps as he takes over.— Detroit Lions (@Lions) February 8, 2018
Full : https://t.co/WpCJRhWphx pic.twitter.com/kpF0I13kkW
- She also did similar interview with general manager Bob Quinn and team president Rod Wood.
- Patricia also sat down with the voice of the Detroit Lions, radio broadcaster Dan Miller:
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press has more information on the Detroit Lions ticket price hike:
From the letter Rod Wood sent to Lions season ticket holders, ticket prices have gone up "a blended average of 3.4-percent for most seats" - don't know what "most" means yet. Lions say their average tix price is in bottom quarter of NFL.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) February 8, 2018
Need to rephrase: The Lions are converting all section 200 tickets to a new seating product this year. Seats there include 2 beers and unlimited food/soft drinks/water for each game.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) February 8, 2018
Section 200 seats go for $1,999 a pop, with club corners (the section next to 200, for instance) going for $1,449— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) February 8, 2018
And here’s a visual representation of the price hike:
A visual graphic on how your Lions' season ticket prices will change in 2018. pic.twitter.com/jqpVW0QHtm— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) February 8, 2018
- Apparently it was Bob Quinn’s choice to let former Lions QB coach Brian Callahan go. Kyle Meinke of MLive has more on why Quinn chose to part ways with the highly-regarded coach.
- I joined the Chase Thomas podcast to give my thoughts on the Matt Patricia hire and preview the future of the NFC North. (I join in around the 54-minute mark)
- Matt Patricia went into further detail as to why he turned down the New York Giants, who were interested, but never officially offered him the job.
- Pro Football Focus had the 2017 Detroit Lions special teams unit ranked.... 12th in the NFL? What?
- The Detroit Lions have photos of Patricia’s first tour around the Allen Park Facility. And a video recap, too!