Akeem Spence had one of the best “Wired for Sound” segments of the year.
Akeem Spence didn’t shy away from the fact that Sunday’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was special to him. After spending four years with the Buccaneers, Tampa Bay decided not to re-sign him this offseason and Spence was not happy.
“I’m very bitter, but bitter with a smile on my face,” he said in the leadup to the game.
The Detroit Lions wisely capitalized on this added motivation and had Spence “Wired for Sound” last Sunday. The results did not disappoint.
If the above video gets taken down, you can watch the video here
Spence was clearly amped for the entire game, but here are my favorite parts:
- Spence to Jameis Winston prior to the coin flip: “Three, I’m comin’ for you, boy.”
- “Hey, he tackled me. He tackled me!”
- “Eat him up, Ebron.”
- On Detroit Lions fans: “That’s why when I got to Detroit, I was like ‘Yo, these some great fans.’ They’ve got some good fans, man.”
- “I LOVE THAT SHIT... but I’m not getting in there.”
- And, of course, Darius Slay eating a W:
Akeem Spence wasn't the only one to eat a W on Sunday.— Pride of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) December 13, 2017
We see you, @_bigplayslay23. pic.twitter.com/XtmaUbDl2V