After a month off, the Matthew Stafford love is pouring back in.
- Our friends over at the entertaining NFL Network show “Good Morning Football” talked extensively about the Detroit Lions’ win over the Green Bay Packers. Peter Schrager in particular gushed over Matthew Stafford’s performance, calling it a “masterpiece” from “one of the greatest quarterbacks in the NFL.” Check out the entire segment here.
- It’s hard to argue against Stafford’s Monday Night Masterpiece, as only one visiting quarterback has ever bested that performance in Lambeau Field history:
Matthew Stafford’s 132.4 QB rtg Monday night marked the second-highest passer rating by visiting QB in Lambeau Field History (min. 20 att). pic.twitter.com/6nx4azkUSA— Detroit Lions (@Lions) November 7, 2017
- But Good Morning Football didn’t just stop there, they also had to talk about the Lions’ awesome touchdown celebration and give props to Golden Tate for his toe-drag swag on Monday:
So @Lions, was it Fight Night or Real Deal?— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) November 7, 2017
Whatever it was, it was a knock out
(CC: @ShowtimeTate + @MarvinJonesJr)
: @gmfb pic.twitter.com/42xNgBLf30
(Marvin Jones Jr. confirms it was a Fight Night celebration, by the way.)
"It's like ballet."@ShowtimeTate has got the smooth moves in this week's #ToeDragSwag pic.twitter.com/S2xjJPIv9d— GMFB (@gmfb) November 7, 2017
- No Detroit Lions players are kneeling during the anthem, but Ameer Abdullah still holds up a fist during the pregame ritual. He explained to the Detroit Free Press why.
- Monday night’s win against the Packers put some more old, embarrassing streaks to bed:
The Lions did something they haven't done at Lambeau in a long time. pic.twitter.com/rM44sygfnR— SB Nation (@SBNation) November 7, 2017
- Kyle Meinke of MLive argues that the Lions can absolutely win the NFC North after Monday’s win.
- Even though ESPN’s broadcast of “Monday Night Football” was god awful, it did introduce us to this wonderful Packers fan:
@PrideOfDetroit please meme this pic.twitter.com/lqyQ1CbTyy— Erik Schmidt (@RevErik) November 7, 2017
And we couldn’t help ourselves:
pic.twitter.com/uLW6kvEgUO— Pride of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) November 7, 2017
- Glover Quin talked to the Detroit News and explained his thought process during his huge fourth down stop against the Packers.
- Detroit made a small transaction on Tuesday. After suffering a thigh injury against the Steelers, the Lions placed guard Tim Lelito on injured reserve. This week, they waived him from IR.