Anthony Zettel is a man of many talents.
- In preparation for Saturday’s celebrity softball game, Anthony Zettel warmed up his arm, and apparently he’s got a cannon. Despite not having thrown a baseball in eight years, he still threw this 94 mile per hour fastball:
For not touching a baseball in 8 years 94mph off the mound isn't bad
- Speaking of the celebrity softball game, Jake Rudock and Sam Martin were the winners of the pre-game Home Run Derby:
— Detroit Lions (@Lions) June 10, 2017
- Haloti Ngata knows what it’s like to lose a key player in the offseason and how a team can respond. He offered some enlightenment on optimism in light of the Taylor Decker injury.
- A lot of people—sometimes rightfully—discount Matthew Stafford’s high yardage numbers, but he’s faring pretty well in the touchdown department, as well:
For what it's worth, Stafford is 9th among all active players in career touchdowns. Of that 9, Stafford is the only one still in his 20's.— Mike Payton (@POD_Payton) June 11, 2017
- This is one of the coolest offseason stories: Leland Melvin, whose NFL career with the Detroit Lions never took off, is now an astronaut sporting a Lions jersey in space. Dave Birkett tells his story.
- Tim Twentyman gave his five takeaways from Lions OTAs, which came to an end on Friday.
- Jared Abbrederis reportedly turned down offers during the middle of the 2016 season for a chance to start anew in 2017.