Bob Quinn’s draft history is off to a good start.
- ESPN’s draft guru Mel Kiper went over the 2016 NFL Draft and re-graded every team’s performance (Insider required). Originally, he had given the Detroit Lions a B-, but after a year of play, Kiper bumped that to a B+. Only five teams had a higher re-grade than that: the Titans, Chargers, Bears, Cowboys and Falcons
- Kris Kocurek, who is one of many Lions coaches attending Pro Day across the nation, is apparently well-liked:
This Lions coach is my favorite coach in the NFL: pic.twitter.com/EBBjM2zC42— Trevor Sikkema (@TampaBayTre) March 29, 2017
- Jim Caldwell met with the media on Wednesday, and, per usual, he didn’t have much to say. However, he did seem oddly pessimistic towards Theo Riddick’s injury status going forward:
Jim Caldwell noncommittal about whether Theo Riddick will be ready to return in spring. "We'll see where he is once he gets going."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) March 29, 2017
In comparison, he said that Ameer Abdullah would be able to return sometime in the spring.
- If you want to watch Caldwell’s media session, DetroitLions.com has Parts 1 and 2 of the 30 minute session.
- In today’s Mock Draft of the Day—courtesy of Fox Sports’ Dieter Kurtenbach—the Lions landed DE Takkarist McKinley, LB Ryan Anderson and DE Dawuane Smoot in the first three rounds.
- Saints coach Sean Payton likes a very specific part of his new guard (and former Lion) Larry Warford:
“Sean Payton, what do you like about new G Larry Warford?”— Ben Volin (@BenVolin) March 29, 2017
“He’s got ass and mass. We have a saying, ass and mass, kick ass.” pic.twitter.com/0dDhjmvM7V
- Apparently the Lions snagged one of the Packers’ favorite players in free agency:
Packers coach Mike McCarthy said T. J. Lang is one of his personal favorites and he's going to miss him.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) March 29, 2017
- Bob Quinn pretty much shut down any theories involving the Lions moving Miles Killebrew to linebacker.
- This is fine.
Since joining the Seahawks in 2013, DE Cliff Avril has racked up at least 64 total pressures in every season (including playoffs) pic.twitter.com/EVVMh0v73w— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) March 30, 2017