Detroit still has some wiggle room if they want to make another free agency signing or two.
- According to the public NFLPA report, the Detroit Lions have $8.584 million in cap space available. It’s unclear which contracts are on the books, but according to most estimates, this is an up-to-date figure as of Tuesday night.
- Detroit Jock City does a great job breaking down the Lions’ cap numbers and what it means going forward with signing the draft class, getting DeAndre Levy’s cap savings and extending Matthew Stafford.
- Not exactly breaking news, but the Lions need to generate more pressure on the quarterback in 2017:
Screengrabbed from @PFF's latest mock draft. #Lions ranked 29th in the NFL in pressure generated on defense in 2016. pic.twitter.com/HiMf4jJJkC— Ryan Mathews (@Ryan_POD) March 14, 2017
- The Lions came in at 12th on NFL.com’s post-free agency Power Rankings.
- Congrats to Mrs. and Mr. Golden Tate, who got married over the weekend:
Wow. The best week of my life from top to bottom. I got to marry the most beautiful woman on the planet. It was amazing having all our family and best friends out to Cabo to share our big week. 250 people flying to Cabo's largest destination wedding ever - we love y'all. Been getting texts and calls every day it was the best week of their lives... We concur. But it was our guests, who made each day so amazing... so unforgettable... our yacht party, karaoke nights, Cabo wabo, beach party, volleyball games, golf balls into the ocean, custom corn hole games, personalized notes everywhere in our fully rented out hotel, pool party- turned music video... leading up to our wedding of the century... my bride... this week... wow... the only thing left is to renew our vows next year and do this again... we will be having FOMO for the next 364 days. Guests- give us your favorite memories! We're making a book!! And add all ur pics to my wife's stream! (Text her if u need to be added) Special thanks to our planners @amyabbottevents it's taken us days to even comprehend this week. We literally love you & lauren
- Several Lions players earned hefty bonuses for playing time incentives in 2016:
Nevin Lawson, Kerry Hyder and Graham Glasgow all earned more than $200k in performance pay— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) March 15, 2017
- SB Nation’s Ryan Van Bibber thinks after the Packers’ lost so many players to free agency, Aaron Rodgers has his work cut out for himself.
- The Mule is officially Bach:
#Lions re-sign LS Don Muhlbach: https://t.co/amJDvETHhh pic.twitter.com/cYf4m1DGb0— Detroit Lions (@Lions) March 15, 2017