WHEN PARENTS DISCUSS THE VALUE OF TRUTHFULNESS, youngsters understand why honesty is so important. Most Children have told lies and already know that lying causes pain. As the parent, you can remind your child of 3 painful problems they may have experienced.
3 Dishonesty Problems:
- Being distrusted
- Feeling guilty
- Worrying about being caught
Ask your child, "Can you think of more problems that telling a lie can cause?"
Today’s gift shares 7 positive outcomes when children tell the truth. Use them for your parent/child discussions too.
Sample Questions to Ask Your Child:
- Can you remember a time when you told the truth and it felt good?
- Do friends trust you? Why?
- Why does a clean conscience help you sleep?
Your Parenting Gift:
Why not add it to your 3-hole binder to pull out and use again whenever you need it?
To get more thoughtful discussions that promote truth telling:
and insert the code word: OUTCOMES
Please let me know if this was helpful by commenting below:
Thank you so much.
With warm wishes,
Jean Tracy, MSS
Sign up for my FREE Parenting News and receive:
- 80 Fun Activities to Share with Your Kids
- 101 Ways to Get Your Children to Cooperate