It is very important to ask your beloved certain questions to help you get to know her better so that you can make adjustments and create the kind of rapport that will make your marriage work.
In this article, I want to share some premarital Christian counseling questions with you in that regard.
Check out these 50 Christian premarital counseling questions too!
- Would you say you know the opposite sex well? Do you get along well with members of the opposite gender? Why do you say that?
- Are most of your friends members of your same gender or members of the opposite gender?
- Did you attend Sunday school as a child? For how long? Did you enjoy it?
- Would you say you are an introvert or an extrovert?
- Am I an introvert or an extrovert? What are the characteristics of my kind of personality? What do you know about living with this kind of personality? How do you know one can live with my kind of personality so that there will always be peace?
- How do you see yourself objectively?
- Do you think I am a genuine lover? Why?
- Do you remain calm when things go wrong?
- What conversation topics do you love most? Why?
- Would you say I am a good listener? Do I give you the attention you deserve when you want to communicate with me?
- Would you say I am courteous when we are having conversations?
- Would you say I appreciate your merits?
- Am I sensitive to your feelings and opinions?
- Do you look at the humorous side of perplexity?
- Can you laugh at yourself when I make a joke about you?
- Do you worry over spilt milk?
- Would you say you like people? Will you feel comfortable when my friends visit me often? Do you want me all to yourself?
- Do you try to be friendly with most of the people that you meet?
- Do you normally go out of your way to be kind to people?
- Are you tolerant of your friends’ mannerisms? Do you get angry when a person slurps whilst drinking? Do you get irritated when someone burps whilst eating? Do you get annoyed when someone makes noise with the mouth whilst eating?
- How will you react when I fart whilst we are in bed? When we are in public?
- Do you find satisfaction in indoor activities? Outdoor activities?
- When you face problems, do you shrink back? Do you choose to persevere?
- Would you say you are a risk taker? A risk averse person? A risk neutral person?
- Do you try to build your character out of tragedy? Do you make the tragedy overcome you?
- Do you like to obey laws or you love to flout laws?
Related Article: 61 questions to ask yourself before marriage
- How do you revitalize your life? Make a new friend? Move out of town? Sleep in a hotel instead of sleeping at home? Buy a new shirt/dress?
- Do you appreciate your potential? Are you winner conscious?
- Would you say you are time conscious? Do you believe in showing love and care today, and not in showing it tomorrow?
- Before you speak, do you ask yourself, “Is what I am going to say true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? Am I going to say what I am about to say because my feelings have been hurt? Is it based on facts?”
- Would you say you use time efficiently? Do you have a time management plan?
- How do you think we can manage ourselves and our time well so that we can spend quality time together often?
- Do you believe in disciplining kids?
- What is your attitude towards serving God?
- Do you consider yourself as affectionate? Are you openhearted, kind, ad thoughtful? Are you emotionally withdrawn? Uncommunicative? Stoical?
- Are you prayerful? Do you pray consistently?
- Do you carefully avoid retaliation when you are hurt by others?
- Do you normally leave any stone unturned in your efforts to try and make peace?
- Do you try to return good for evil? Do you return evil for evil?
- Have you been betrayed before? How did you take it? Did you forgive the person who betrayed you?
- I hope this never happens, but if I should betray you and cheat, can you find it in your heart to forgive me?
- Have you betrayed a friend before? What were the circumstances?
- Do you desire to become rich at any cost?
- Do you believe that godliness with contentment is great gain?
- Do you have an excessive desire for unnecessary things?
- If you were given a choice between money and goals such as righteousness, godliness, faith, patience, and meekness, which would you choose? Why?
- If it happened that I lost my job after we got married, would you still respect me?
- If in the future you start earning more money than me, will you reduce the level of respect you have for me now? Will you become arrogant? Will you still respect me as the head of the family?
- How much do you spend on clothes, shoes, jewelry and other accessories in a month?
- Would you choose to buy clothes or pay the kids’ school fees when their fees have to be paid but I don’t have money and you have money?
- Would you ever consider pawning some of your jewelry when I am in financial difficulties and I need your help? Would you choose to keep your jewelry and make me suffer?
- How much do you spend on makeup in a month?
- Do you like to look natural or you love to put on makeup? A lot of makeup?
- What is your idea of a clean home?
- Would you say I am a clean guy? Do you like how I keep my apartment? My room? What habits, with regards to cleanliness in the home, do you hate about guys?
- Would you say I show good manners when we interact with other people? If I don’t, how do you think I can improve?
These premarital Christian counseling questions can help you and your girlfriend to assess yourselves and see where you have to do a lot more work so that you can create that dream marriage which will make both of you feel happy.
Copyright ©2018 All rights reserved Christian Dating Advice for Men