We have noticed an issue while using Windows SQL Server 2008 on a Computer running Windows 10.
With a specific configuration, we found that .NET applications using the Windows SQL Server 2008 will run about 10x slower.
Under these specific settings, your .NET applications will run about 10x slower:
- Your computer is installed with Windows 10
- Your have Windows SQL Server 2008 installed and .NET applications are using the server.
- The SQL Server is installed with the Default Instance Name.
- The .NET application is started as a User (rather than selecting Run as Admin) under an Admin account.
Under these settings, we noticed that .NET applications will run about 10x slower.
In order to avoid this, you can:
- Run the .NET application in Compatibility mode for Windows 7/8
- Run the .NET application as an Administrator (Select Run as Admin)
- Change the Instance name from the default instance name