In this knowledge base article, you can learn how to create a professional writing Portfolio for a job if you are a web developer, graphic designer, or web design portfolio with no job experience.
- You may be interested in Personal Portfolio Template.
How to create a writing portfolio
Having a great portfolio is important for anyone applying to jobs or if you are looking to find freelance clients. It is one of the first things they see about you, so you have to stand out! You know what they say: “First impressions matter”.
So here I am going to share the following checklist format for how to make a writing portfolio:-
- Have a clean, attractive, and simple portfolio.
- Make it responsive, it’s 2021 now.
- Introduce yourself and tell your story (sell yourself). Try to keep it straight to the point while making it easy for people to scan through it.
- Sections you should consider having:
- About you,
- Best projects showcase (3-6 max),
- Skills/technologies you know,
- Contact form – make it easy to be contacted,
- Social links / GitHub.
- Wanna spice things up? Have a blog.
- Add a live demo for the projects (if possible) not only images.
- Update the projects you build from courses, tutorials, or freeCodeCamp. A lot of people have them already so make them unique by adding some extra features and changing the design.
- It would be best if you could build the portfolio yourself; however, if the design is not your strong suit you can use a template OR you can get inspiration from sites like Dribbble, Behance, or other portfolios (DO NOT copy everything!).
- Add an SSL certificate.
- Buy a custom domain. It’s ~$12 per year and it will make your portfolio look more professional.
- Be honest, don’t add a language or a library or a framework just because you watched a few tutorials on the topic.
- Add specific projects in case you are applying for a specific job.
I hope you liked this article on work portfolios and how to create a writing portfolio. I would like to have feedback from my blog readers. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this article are always welcome.
The post How to create a Professional Writing Portfolio appeared first on DotNetTec.
This post first appeared on Asp Dot Net Tricks And Tips, Dot Net Coding Tips, Google Maps API Developer, please read the originial post: here