socket.io example not working - Windows
Im using Node.js 0.6.2 on Windows 7
I managed to get the dependencies solved on Win7 for socket io, now when i launch one of the example apps it doesnt throw any errors.
however, for the IP and Listener it reports its listening on , when i launch that in the browser, the connection times out.
I've tried setting app.listen to different ports and IP addresses, but no luck.
Just for reference, i've tried the famous "hello world" Node.js example which works fine.
Things i've already checked
- Other services running on the same ports or same listener IP
- Different IP addresses and ports
- Firewall / Port blocking
- Restarting of the machine
- dependencies in node_modules
- Different browsers
- Telnetting to the listener port (which shows a response so the listener must be working?)
I managed to solve this problem with some outside help. I downloaded Node 0.6.3 which comes with NPM.
I created a test folder and then ran
NPM Install socket.io express within the test folder and then tested the example app from the Socket IO website in the how-to-use section.
Socket IO emitted the events fine and it all seems to be working well. Thanks everyone for the help and guidance.