Top News Reporter has been classified as a vicious browser hijacker by the majority of the malware security research communities, as it spreads free online software bundled with any software that you downloaded for latest news and other news related updates.
The changes this browser brings-
- Once Top News Reporter gets installed into your computer as a browser hijacker, it sets a new tab, home page, and default search.
- You should be aware that this browser hijacker would monitor your online activities like searches, browsing history, session ids, tracks cookies, account information and even locally saved usernames and password information.
- Slows down the browsing speeds considerably.
- Please note that this infection can potentially bring up other malware to your computer and even cause loss of your important data.
How to Remove This From Your Computer?
- Automatic: Remove Top News Reporter by using Top News Reporter tool
- Manual: Remove Top News Reporter using manual steps.
Remove with our tool steps
- Scan your PC with TopNewsReporter_RemovalTool
- Download TopNewsReporter_RemovalTool by clicking on the given link below:
- Windows will prompt you to allow running this program. Select ‘Yes’ to allow it to run.
- When the setup launches, click ‘Next’ on the window that appears.
- In the following screen, type ‘Y’ for ‘Yes’ to start the scanning process.
- In the next screen that appears, type ‘Y’ for ‘Yes’ to automatically close all the browsers and continue the cleaning process.
- Wait for the removal process & you’re done
How to remove “Top News Reporter” manually?
Steps to remove “Top News Reporter” from Google Chrome.
- Press Windows key and tap the R key once, OR go to Start & type ‘Run ‘in the search box & hit
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: pkegnpefjjoklajpkeedhfpieononlnh
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Top News Reporter ‘.
Steps to remove ‘Top News Reporter’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press Windows key on your keyboard and tap the R key once.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete ‘@News.xpi’named folder.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools à Click on Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset’
- Set the homepage to the one you want to use.
Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
If you’ve become a victim to other hijackers EasyWeatherAlert Hijacker Removal Guide apart from this, you can easily remove them using their tools from howtoremoveit’s blog.