Recipekart is a browser hijacker which is designed by Mindspark Interactive, to give the users a lot of options to view different recipes with its attractive home-page but once you click on any of the option, it turns into a PUP which gets into your computer and will slow down the speed of your computer. When you are surfing the internet, your browser automatically gets redirected to hp.myway.com.
Behavior changes once this infects your computer-
- RecipeKart adds a new tab URL and sets the homepage and the default search engine to hp.myway.com.
- This browser hijacker significantly diminishes the Internet browsing experience.
- RecipeKart may steal your privacy and also infect your computer.
- Apart from getting many redirects by this browser hijacker, you may see endless ads such as banners, pop–ups, coupons, price comparison and in-line text displayed as thumbnails.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer (IE)
How to Remove This from Your Computer?
Automatic: Remove Recipekart by using Recipekart tool
Manual: Remove Recipekart using manual steps.
Remove with our tool steps
- Scan your PC with Recipekart _RemovalTool
- Download Recipekart _Removal Tool by clicking on the given link below:
Recipekart _Removal Tool
- Windows will prompt you to allow running this program. Select ‘Yes’ to allow it to run.
- When the setup launches, click ‘Next’ on the window that appears.
- In the following screen, type ‘Y’ for ‘Yes’ to start the scanning process.
- In the next screen that appears, type ‘Y’ for ‘Yes’ to automatically close all the browsers and continue the cleaning process.
- Wait for the removal process & you’re done
How to Remove “Recipekart” Manually?
Steps to remove “Recipekart” from Google Chrome.
- Press Windows key and tap the R key once, OR go to Start & type ‘Run ‘in the search box & hit
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ogfinmklpgmohidfadiempfallpbegoc and bkbpfdkbpbckgkcelkfjjhepmdcdmahi
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘Recipekart ‘.
Steps to remove ‘Recipekart ‘from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press Windows key on your keyboard and tap the R key once.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete ‘[email protected] ’named folder.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools à Click on Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset’
- Set the homepage to the one you want to use.
Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
If you’ve become a victim to other hijackers (Top News Reporter Removal Guide)
apart from this, you can easily remove them using their tools
from howtoremoveit’s blog.