Translation Buddy is another malicious creation of Mindspark Interactive Network Inc. This is a PUP which gets into your computer and redirects your Browser to commercially driven websites which can be dangerous to your computer. This potentially unwanted program is closely related to ask.com because once Translation Buddy Toolbar gets inside, it sets home.tb.ask.com, as your default homepage and ask.com as the default search engine.
How to identify if this browser hijacker has infected your computer?
- Deteriorates the system’s performance and make your system slow.
- This browser hijacker constantly puts your computer in danger, as it modifies your browser settings completely that too without your permission.
- Translation Buddy adds a toolbar and other components on the browser, that intend to promote a program or sell a product.
- Modifies the system and registry settings of your computer.
- Google Chrome.
- Mozilla Firefox.
- Internet Explorer.
How to Remove This Hijacker
You can remove it using the given methods:
Automatic: Remove TranslationBuddy by using TranslationBuddy _Removal Tool
Manual: Remove TranslationBuddy _Removal Tool using manual steps.
- Scan your PC with TranslationBuddy _Removal Tool
- Download TranslationBuddy _RemovalTool by clicking on the given link below:
- Windows will prompt you to allow running this program. Select ‘Yes’ to allow it to run.
- When the setup launches, click ‘Next’ on the window that appears.
- In the following screen, type ‘Y’ for ‘Yes’ to start the scanning process.
- In the next screen that appears, type ‘Y’ for ‘Yes’ to automatically close all the browsers and continue the cleaning process.
- Wait for the removal process & you’re done.
How to Remove “TranslationBuddy” Manually?
Steps to remove “TranslationBuddy” from Google Chrome.
- Press Windows key and tap the R key once, OR go to Start & type ‘Run ‘in the search box & hit
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: “aodccmnahdhlpgomigbdlolmapdkglcn and bkbpfdkbpbckgkcelkfjjhepmdcdmahi ‘’.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘TranslationBuddy ‘
Steps to remove ‘TranslationBuddy ’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press Windows key on your keyboard and tap the R key once.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete ‘[email protected]’named folder.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools à Click on Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset’
- Set the homepage to the one you want to use.
Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
If you’ve become a victim to other hijackers (Recipekart Browser Removal Tool)
apart from this, you can easily remove them using their tools
from howtoremoveit’s blog.