Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

Getting slapped down by St. Peter's Hospital, Chertsey, Accident and Emergency.

Now I've heard it all - and it takes a lot for me to quote a story from 'The Sun', which is a newspaper I don't have much respect for.

However, this story is too good (bad) to leave out - it relates how a medic at the Accident and Emergency department at St. Peter's Hospital slapped a patient.

If this allegation is correct it's a new low for the Accident and Emergency Department.

As the victim correctly points out, if he'd hit a medic he would have gone straight to jail. We'll see what, if anything, happens now.

You can watch a video of it here;

Here's the article if the link doesn't work;

HOSPITAL 'ASSAULT' Shocking moment a St Peter’s hospital NHS medic ‘attacked
patient he was treating in A&E’

The medic 'took his patient hostage', refusing to take the needle out of his arm
until he deleted the video


15th November 2016, 8:03 am

Adam Clark was slapped over the head by a doctor at St Peter's Hospital, Surrey

THIS is the shocking moment a NHS medic attacked a patient while carrying out a blood test at a London hospital.

Adam Clark, 38, was filming the blood test when the St Peter’s Hospital staff member aggressively slapped him over the head, grabbing his phone out of his hands.

Sun Exclusive

Adam Clark was having a blood test and recording the procedure when the medic at St Peter’s Hospital slapped him

The shocked bricklayer says he was then “held hostage” by the man, who held the needle in his arm and refused to take it out until the video was deleted.

Mr Clark recounted the attack to The Sun Online, reliving the moment he was assaulted by the man charged with the task of helping him.
He said: “The doctor was taking blood out of my arm at the time, and I started to film it".

Mr Clark, 38, reported the incident to Surrey Police, saying the confrontation was unacceptable. The medic’s slap left the patient feeling shocked and vulnerable

Adam Clark decided to speak out after the Friday night attack

“He snatched the phone out of my hand and then slapped me round the face.

The Shepperton local said he had been filming the blood test to show his boss – to prove he had gone to the hospital after complaining of feeling ill for a number of weeks – but the tests at A&E descended into chaos in a matter of moments.

Mr Clark said: “He ripped the phone out of my hand and he had a hold of the needle and was squeezing it, saying delete it, delete the video.
“I said to him ‘let go’ but he kept squeezing until I deleted it.”
It is understood the staff member was a healthcare assistant but Mr Clark confirmed to the Sun Online that the hospital told him that the man involved was a doctor.

Mr Clark spoke out of his discomfort during the confrontation on Friday night, saying: “I felt really vulnerable in that situation.
“It was horrible.”
He said the medic then told him that it was not permitted to film during a blood test.

Mr Clark said: “If he had of said – ‘you can’t do that’, I would have said ‘OK’ and stopped.
“But it was such an aggressive attack.
“When you’re in a situation where you feel a bit vulnerable anyway, it’s such a shock.”

In the video, the professional can be heard stating “you’re recording” before slapping the patient. Mr Clark deleted the video but later found it in his deleted items folder on his phone.

The medic took issue with the patient recording – but instead of speaking to him about it, he chose to slap him over the head.

Adam Clark has now reported the confrontation to Surrey Police, who are investigating Mr Clark said he was going to let the attack go but then thought twice.

He told The Sun Online: “I thought to myself, if I had of slapped him around the face, I would be in the police station. “I don’t see why he should get away with it.”

He said after the confrontation unfolded, he had spoken with nurses, with the St Peter’s Hospital staff member taken off the hospital premises.

He added that a manager of St Peter’s Hospital had come to speak with him, telling the 38-year-old the hospital was not taking the confrontation lightly.He also rang police, making an official report.

A Surrey Police spokesperson said: “Surrey Police is investigating following a report that a man was assaulted at St Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey on Friday, November 11 at 7.30pm.“Enquiries are on-going.”

A spokesperson for the Ashford and St. Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust told The Sun Online: “We are aware that an incident between a patient and a Health Care Assistant, which occurred in our A&E department on Friday 11th November, has been reported to Surrey Police.

“We always take concerns and allegations raised by our patients extremely seriously and have already begun our own internal investigation. At the same time we will, of course, cooperate fully with Surrey Police.

“Until these investigations are completed, we are unable to comment further.”

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Contact me: [email protected]

This post first appeared on Help Me Sort Out St Peter's!, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

Getting slapped down by St. Peter's Hospital, Chertsey, Accident and Emergency.


Subscribe to Help Me Sort Out St Peter's!

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription