- The Federal Reserve raised its benchmark short-term interest rate for the third time this year.
- The White House said after a missile test was "not the time" for talks with North Korea a day after Secretary of State Rex Tillerson suggested the U.S. was ready to negotiate without pre-conditions.
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer has filed a police report over a fake document purporting to show a sex harassment court filing.
- Former Apprentice contestant Omarosa Newman will be leaving her position at the White House.
- A record 262 journalists are in prison around the world this year, according an annual census by the Committee to Protect Journalists.
- The Screen Actors Guild announced the SAG Awards nominees.
- Three Florida men seen dragging a shark in a viral video have been charged with animal cruelty.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.
This post first appeared on FREEDOM BUNKER: The Best Libertarian News And Chat, please read the originial post: here