- Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has pleaded guilty to desertion and faces a maximum penalty of life in prison. He disappeared from his post in 2009 and was held in captivity by the Taliban until 2014.
- Former Hurricane Ophelia has struck Ireland, with wind gusts up in the 80s. Three have been killed.
- Ahmad Rahimi has been found guilty of eight federal charges for the pressure cooker bomb that exploded in a Chelsea, New York, neighborhood in 2016, injuring 30.
- A Florida politician who says she has been abducted by aliens is running for Congress.
- A federal judge declined today to dismiss any of the 18 corruption-related charges against New Jersey Democratic Sen. Robert Menendez.
- Some folks seem to think that Attorney General Jeff Sessions offering up a lawyer to assist in the prosecution of a man accused of murdering a transgender teen is some sort of proof of layers and complexity in a man with a long anti-LGBT background. The more likely, logical explanation is that he really, really likes putting people in prison for really long sentences.
- The Clinton Foundation is keeping the $250,000 donation it has received from Harvey Weinstein. A spokesperson says they've spent the money on charitable causes.
- A judge has ordered the imprisonment of two leaders of the Catalan independence movement while they're being investigated for sedition in Spain.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.
This post first appeared on FREEDOM BUNKER: The Best Libertarian News And Chat, please read the originial post: here