The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo (SAN), said President Muhammadu Buhari has okayed the execution of his recruitment programme targetted at creating 774, 000 jobs across the country.
It could be recalled that the lawyer in June had a disagreement with the National Assembly over the execution of the scheme.
However, Keyamo in a statement made available to newsmen on Tuesday, July 14 confirmed he now has the approval of the President to go ahead with the recruitment exercise which was earlier halted following arguments with the lawmakers.
“I have the instructions of my boss, Mr President, to proceed with the supervision of the preparation for the execution of the programme in accordance with the law,” said Keyamo in the statement.
The Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) had earlier accused some state chairmen of harassing him over the public works programme. Keyamo, however, noted that he will not succumb to any form of blackmail from them.
Also, in a meeting which ended abruptly with the National Assembly on June 30, Keyamo accused the lawmakers of seeking to control the implementation of the scheme targetted at creating thousands of employment for the youths.
Speaking at the meeting of Joint Committee on Labour the SAN stated; “I only insisted on the provision of the constitution; I insist that they have no power under section 88 of the 1999 constitution. Their powers under section 88 of the 1999 Constitution is only limited to investigations, but not to give any directive to the executive.”
Lately in another news, Naija News reported that Laolu Akande, the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to Nigeria’s Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, has revealed that his principal’s intention is to support President Muhammadu Buhari to till the end of their tenure.
Go to Source
The post Recruitment: President Buhari Okays Creation Of 774,000 Jobs In Nigeria appeared first on News Dey.